Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Eddie Shah has been charged with raping and abusing a young girl

A real hate figure of the 80's as I recall.

"Former newspaper proprietor Eddie Shah has been charged with raping and abusing a young girl, police say.
The 68-year-old was charged alongside another man and a woman, both 52, at Hammersmith Police Station, Scotland Yard said.
All three are accused of sex offences, said to have happened in the 1990s, against the same alleged victim, then between 12 and 15 years old. They will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court next week.

I just noticed there is already a thread about this, I did a search before posting this and didn't see anything recent.

I know very little about the guy but I remembers friends in the UK wrote about him in the same tone they used for Thatcher and Murdock.

I remember Warrington, and I remember Today starting - we took the first couple of editions like always with a new paper before deciding it was rubbish - but can't say I had heard anything of Shah since, except as an answer to a trivia question.

I just noticed there is already a thread about this, I did a search before posting this and didn't see anything recent.

I know very little about the guy but I remembers friends in the UK wrote about him in the same tone they used for Thatcher and Murdock.
About my first political memory is our brother getting a kicking on the Warrington Messenger picket line. As has been said, how surprising to discover Shah was a nasty cunt in other areas of his life.

'Not guilty' after 18 hours of deliberation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23291465

...The trial previously heard that Mr Shah paid for sex with co-defendant Mrs Davies, who was accused of procuring the girl.

...Ms Davies said Mr Shah was a "gentleman" and she had taken the girl twice to meet him because she thought he could have a positive influence on her life by talking to her...

From evidence heard earlier in the trial:

The offences are alleged to have happened when the girl was between 12 and 15.

Davies, of Swanley, Kent, denies 14 counts of aiding and abetting rape, indecent assault and child cruelty, while Pallant, of West Malling, Kent, denies six counts of rape and indecent assault.

Shah, of Chippenham, Wiltshire, also denied having sex with the girl on the second occasion he is alleged to have met her. He said the girl arrived with Davies when she visited him at another hotel.

He said the three of them went up to his room and ordered room service.

Asked by Barnard why they did not eat in the hotel's restaurant, Shah replied: "I didn't want to be seen with the two women. It just seemed wrong because I could have been seen with another woman and people would start talking and think we were having an affair." He said he and Davies had sex in the bedroom of the suite while the girl waited in another room adding that he probably paid Davies for sex on that occasion but could not remember...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/25/eddy-shah-rape-trial-sex-susan-davies

Did you hear about the man
Used to print in Warringtahn
He was luxury's greatest fan
People ate out of his hand
People ate out of his hand

What's strange about a jury-vindicated innocent honest businessman like Eddie Shah having sex with a prostitute in hotel suites whilst an underage girl he mentors sits in the next room waiting to be life coached?

Seems very odd that he got off though it seems odder the victim waited so long to accuse him.

Back
Top Bottom