Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dyson's new invention

SLK

Banned
Banned

Cost £40m investment and 125 engineers for 3 years. I don't know what it is, but there must be leaks!

Yes, there are:

images

So it is metal and laser abraided / marked and welded. But what is it? and where in the world will it be made?

It's a car that runs on air using Dyson's 'Vortex' technology.

BP will have had him killed by Friday, so he won't get to release it ;)

I actually expected the first reply to be "everyone knows what it is" so that I'd be informed.

I caught something about this on twitter, didn't pay much heed. Think it was a confirmation that it is not a new hoover, fan heater / hand dryer / extractor - like everything else he has done before (apart from that overpriced wheelbarrow).

I found the video interesting, but there clearly won't be enough information to work out what it is. Maybe I should have titled the thread better.

It is a stainless steel mixer tap for the British domestic and buildings market.

Everybody knows that they have them on the continent but we have never really done them in Blighty, so this invention will revolutionise Barratt homes in the UK from now and going forward!

It is a stainless steel mixer tap for the British domestic and buildings market.

Everybody knows that they have them on the continent but we have never really done them in Blighty, so this invention will revolutionise Barratt homes in the UK from now and going forward!

He'd be more likely to do a power shower, IMO.

Haven't all his inventions so far been basically built on the cyclone air technique? The Vacuum cleaners, the air blade, all based on "cyclone air" - is this likely to be any different?

I caught something about this on twitter, didn't pay much heed. Think it was a confirmation that it is not a new hoover, fan heater / hand dryer / extractor - like everything else he has done before (apart from that overpriced wheelbarrow).

You missed washing machine

I found the video interesting, but there clearly won't be enough information to work out what it is. Maybe I should have titled the thread better.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so snippy cos I'm pissed off with my husband. :oops:

Not sure why I'm bumping this advert of a thread but you were right, Mr Weit. A mixer tap with a built in hand dryer.

*yawn*

From what I hear their hand drier has sold well - hotels, the corporate world etc, and this is likely to do well too.
Full credit for him for doing the research and inventing this - seems everyone thinks you can become 'xfactor' stars without doing any work or putting effort in.

Comments from Dyson's YouTube post.
And what happens when the sink is full of water when you try and dry your hands.. 600kmph winds blowing the sink empty too !!!
Hi there, it’s Jack at Dyson. The Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer is designed for commercial environments – these commercial washrooms do not have plugs due to health and safety issues, and the risks related to flooding. So we wouldn't expect this to be an issue.
I can't help thinking this now guarantees that the instant someone finds one in commercial use they are going to clog the sink with toilet paper and attempt this, so they can put the result on YouTube.

so lets see it working...?
:D :D :D

My last job had the air blade dryers in the gents (and presumably the ladies too) toilets, so I've used them quite often. No idea why everyone raves about them so much. The AirForce is better and you don't have to risk putting your fingers in a puddle of dodgy water (it collects at the bottom of the Dyson), nor get water blown up your sleeve which seemed to happen to me every time.

AirForce is just pure power!

Zrvr9wU.jpg

/Hand dryer geek
eSHnqiw.jpg

My ex got a dyson vacuum cleaner years ago but the instructions said that it needed a microfilter to be changed every year, the microfilters cost more than I'd pay for a vacuum cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom