Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DWP letter

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
Hello,
I received a letter from the Dwp saying I did not notify them of the amount of works pension that I get.

I did notify them.
Every year they sent me a form and I put my updated pension details from my pension provider on it.

They said the amount of ESA benefit I will get from the 9th of March is £89.52.
They did not say whether this is weekly or fortnightly.
It is impossible to get through to them on the phone and I wonder if somebody could tell me what they mean I will get it weekly or fortnightly, because if it is fortnightly, they have made a big mistake.

The only thing I can advise is go and see them at your local office if it's possible to get there. That is if you don't have an online account?

As far as I know they calculate it weekly. I had a letter like that which also wasn't specific re. weekly/fortnightly. I think your ESA has probably risen a bit?

Hello,
I received a letter from the Dwp saying I did not notify them of the amount of works pension that I get.

I did notify them.
Every year they sent me a form and I put my updated pension details from my pension provider on it.

They said the amount of ESA benefit I will get from the 9th of March is £89.52.
They did not say whether this is weekly or fortnightly.
It is impossible to get through to them on the phone and I wonder if somebody could tell me what they mean I will get it weekly or fortnightly, because if it is fortnightly, they have made a big mistake.
i've phoned them for a friend and been able to get through, though it's taken 40 minutes to an hour when i've called them. i think you might need to set aside an hour or two for this, and (assuming you've a smart phone / phone with speaker) just put it beside you so you don't have to have the phone to ear for ages. alternatively you should have had a bit in the letter where you can write back to them and although this might take longer you ought to be able to sort it out like that - do you remember when you last sent in a form, or have you kept a copy of it?

I did ring them, after putting in my details, the recorded message was able to tell me what I would get paid tomorrow, when it's due.
What I don't understand is that I notify them every year, and want to know the reason why they say I didn't, as I send them the pension form plus the letter from my provider by guaranteed signed for delivery.

Back
Top Bottom