Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich v Concord Sat 23 Sep 2023

Big game tomorrow, Concord are yet to get a point on the board so we'll never get a better chance for a win.

No more new signings as yet, unless you count the addition of Rabble Rouser Pilsner to the clubhouse beer lineup...

What is the actual Pilsner that has been white labelled as "Rabble Rouser House Pilsner"?

It used to Oranjeboom didn't it?
We’re been here before 🤦‍♀️. Think this is the fourth Dulwich Hamlet specific beer that’s been launched in the last decade though if it’s Oranjeboom that’s full circle back to 2012 and the misnomered “Hamlet Ale” if I remember the name correctly. We’ve also had Late Knights with Edgar Kail Pale Ale and Canopy with their own Hamlet Pale Ale. Anything else I’ve missed out?

We’re been here before 🤦‍♀️. Think this is the fourth Dulwich Hamlet specific beer that’s been launched in the last decade though if it’s Oranjeboom that’s full circle back to 2012 and the misnomered “Hamlet Ale” if I remember the name correctly. We’ve also had Late Knights with Edgar Kail Pale Ale and Canopy with their own Hamlet Pale Ale. Anything else I’ve missed out?
Orangeboom is/was a Shepherd Neame brand, and the "Hamlet Lager" (rebadged Oranjeboom) came along with the Spitfire bitter that used a dodgy dispense system with a tap disguised to look like a handpump. That predated Hadley/Meadow taking charge of running the bar, so it must be around 10 years since we had all that.

We already have Brick and Anspach & Hobday beers on the bar, so it could be from one of those local microbreweries. I'm not sure who supplies the more mainstream brands we currently have, but whoever it is will probably have a bogstandard lager (like Oranjeboom) that can be rebadged for individual pubs and clubs.

Don't Volden do a Hamlet Pale or something like that, pretty sure I've seen it in the EDT.

Yes, they do a Hamlet Pale. A very reasonably priced pint in the £3.80 - £4.50 range from memory.
It's one of the standard Volden/Antic beers rebadged exclusively for the EDT. You'll get the same beer for a similar price in other Antic pubs, but with a different name, and I'm fairly sure they use a different beer to when they first launched "Hamlet Pale" 5 years ago.

I think Late Knights and Canopy were beers in their own right, not white label jobs like Oranjeboom and this one...I'm now hearing is Madri, which is owned by super brewer Molson Coors. Would be good to know for sure....

I think Late Knights and Canopy were beers in their own right, not white label jobs like Oranjeboom and this one...I'm now hearing is Madri, which is owned by super brewer Molson Coors. Would be good to know for sure....
Just checked and Madri is 4.6% and this Rabble Arouser is 4.0% - so must be something else. I'm going to suggest it's Grolsch

Last edited:
Not sure where you’re hearing Madri. As MrFouldsy says, it’s not even the same strength beer. Think your source of information might be a bit dodgy!

The Late Knights was definitely a beer that had previously been available. I remember guessing which one and asking Steve the owner/brewer, who grinned and said "it might be", but I think it was a seasonal recipe repurposed and not brewed again under its original name, as opposed to a regular beer renamed. You're not going to get your own bespoke brew from anywhere bigger than a microbrewery.

I'm going today and if the generic lager on offer is Becks this season I shan't be returning. Didn't they have a nice Japanese beer last year?

Was this post even advertised? Seems strange that we’re moving more and more towards “professionalism” off the field yet seem to have got rid of Tom in such a manner. Perhaps the first job of his replacement would be to produce a glowing testimonial about his contribution to Dulwich Hamlet over the years.

thought today was much more optimistic than anything ive seen this season or last. bonnett-johnson and scott looked really lively through the middle and helped us control large amounts of the game. both full backs were solid and managed to start lots of counter attacks. central defense is still shaky and chambers (although he got a good goal) made two serious errors which seems to be a staple of every game he plays. we were lucky to not be punished. not sure he should be starting. romain also looked great when he came on.
nice to win, but both yellows for their sending off were soft and realistically we should have been much more in control than we were, esp in the middle of the second half.

Love the beer chat! But as for the football…
Still not convinced by Clifton.
Would like to see Gyebi start over Chambers zedr
But big improvement on the recent performances even if against 10 men.
The lack of quality in front of goal is concerning too. But Wanadio still looking good (and JBW too)

Going to be the first real test of our new comms person.
It's not though, is it? Come on.

Anyway, have been really impressed with the club's social media output this week. A lot of pushing of tickets, and a really impressive video. A very good week for comms, and if that was Kian's influence then it's a remarkable impact. I'm sure we all wish him well in his new role.

Defence looked pretty solid and side looked far better when braham-barrett, mills and Romain came on. Would be good to get an update on some of the injuries (Jeffrey, pingling, Scarlett?, parry? Allen?)

Back
Top Bottom