Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City 18.02.23

I don’t actually find that funny, indeed that is incredibly insulting not only to Ben but to every club volunteer who’s name is on it.

It is indeed not funny. But they are being sarcastic cos they love Ben not to tear them down.

Maybe a bit of reflection Taper and you’d act less like a prick.

What I find funnyor perhaps laughable is your desperation to find anything you can to disparage the people now running the club.

Did I bring it up?

If its not restored or worse is lost or damaged. Its not me that has disparaged anything.

And as far as I have been told Ben doesn’t run the club. He is the majority shareholder who generally likes for the board of directors to find consensus.

You can go back to making your jokes now. Maybe go back to the Crouch documentary for your subject matter though.

Rather than trying to double down on your original “joke” might be better to just remove it or apologise if it’s not intention to disparage the efforts of these volunteers.

Just as an FYI, the plaque was taken down in 2020 to add the names from that season, and then the pandemic hit. It’s still in the club somewhere, just needs to be found, nothing more sinister than that and as others on this forum will know, the stadium can be a bit of a treasure trove. Certainly not “removed”, the club ALWAYS respects volunteers, as all non-league clubs should.

Just as an FYI, the plaque was taken down in 2020 to add the names from that season, and then the pandemic hit. It’s still in the club somewhere, just needs to be found, nothing more sinister than that and as others on this forum will know, the stadium can be a bit of a treasure trove. Certainly not “removed”, the club ALWAYS respects volunteers, as all non-league clubs should.
As it’s been “lost” would it not be better to just get another made so that those volunteers are properly respected? This has been mentioned before to another club employee and, though I know there are more pressing matters at hand, it would be nice if it were added to some “To Do List” of small tasks for the club? There are a few other things that I’d put in the same category that have been promised but sadly never materialised.

As it’s been “lost” would it not be better to just get another made so that those volunteers are properly respected? This has been mentioned before to another club employee and, though I know there are more pressing matters at hand, it would be nice if it were added to some “To Do List” of small tasks for the club? There are a few other things that I’d put in the same category that have been promised but sadly never materialised.

Well seeing as we are now actively seeking to find it, and have paid for the engraving of it even last season, I’d rather we continue to look for it for now rather than spend more money on a new one, no point doing that until we can categorically say we cannot find it.

Well seeing as we are now actively seeking to find it, and have paid for the engraving of it even last season, I’d rather we continue to look for it for now rather than spend more money on a new one, no point doing that until we can categorically say we cannot find it.
Thank you Tom, looking forward to seeing it updated and back in its rightful place before too long.

Back
Top Bottom