Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City 18.02.23

Atmosphere was flat as a pancake, it's a real chicken/egg thing as I got the impression most people in TO just wanted something to cheer.

Yes the winner was a fluke and their first was a gift, but we had too many wasted chances, I counted four blazed over the bar which should have been on target.

New guy Cheadle, aside from his horror mistake, looked good and takes free kicks and corners? Unusual for a centre defender.

Joe Felix is wasted at full back, needs to be playing on the wing. Baffled that we didn't change things earlier, new guy deserved more than the last 5 mins.

We aren’t playing badly and everyone below us is struggling to get points in the bag 😉
Of the teams below us only Hampton & Richmond didn't pick up a point today.

Every team below us has picked up more points over the last eight games than we have:
Cheshunt - 6pts
Chippenham - 8pts
Concord - 5pts
Hampton & Richmond - 3pts
Weymouth - 7pts
Hungerford - 11pts

Think you'll find we're the ones struggling to get points in the bag. Hampton & Richmond a close second.

That was a real bummer. If we weren't in such a poor run of form I could have brushed it off as just one of those days but that sort of unfortunate defeat was the last thing we needed right now. First Bath goal Cheadle stumbled on receiving a pass when he was the last defender, leaving a forward to pick his pocket and run through to beat Holden. Second goal, deep into stoppage time, was an intended cross that dipped into the far top corner. I was right in line with the scorer and you could see it was going in but there was nothing Holden could do about it.

We started two debutants in the XI and played three at the back, with Felix and Ming as wing-backs. I assume Wood comes in for Felix on Tuesday if we stick with the same formation. Apart from the result I thought we played alright and more often than not would have got at least a point from that performance.
Yep. Is will carrying an injury? He’ll bolster things as Vint has had his chance(s)
Wood seems to take a lot of knocks. I'm guessing he might have been a bit battered and bruised and was rested ahead of the games Felix will miss. Blackman is another left sided option.

Of the teams below us only Hampton & Richmond didn't pick up a point today.

Every team below us has picked up more points over the last eight games than we have:
Cheshunt - 6pts
Chippenham - 8pts
Concord - 5pts
Hampton & Richmond - 3pts
Weymouth - 7pts
Hungerford - 11pts

Think you'll find we're the ones struggling to get points in the bag. Hampton & Richmond a close second.
Key word, ‘struggling’ xx

Take porter out still in trouble Manager Changing team too much. Understand Suspension and injuries just not good enough I’m worried for the team

Take porter out still in trouble Manager Changing team too much. Understand Suspension and injuries just not good enough I’m worried for the team
The team was never good enough and so we’ve been in trouble from the off. Manager is clearly trying to bring additional pace and mobile midfielders. We need another forward to take the weight off Danny.

we’re struggling hopefully we will get win soon in my opinion Barney’s not good enough in this league he started well but as time gone on Selection not good enough discipline not good enough That’s Barnsey

The team was never good enough and so we’ve been in trouble from the off. Manager is clearly trying to bring additional pace and mobile midfielders. We need another forward to take the weight off Danny.
Literally 1 point in 8 games is ridiculous clearly there’s an issue that the manager needs to fix regardless of what’s going on or what you say every week …… trying to get players out ….. the job that was left for him when he came ….. the budget. the truth is his way above his depth and can’t get us out the crap

Lot of effort today but no real game plan for me. Maybe their second goal had a bit of fortune about it but we lacked creativity and rarely looked like making our own luck. Not sure - aside from Felix shot and Cheadle free kick - we tested their keeper very much at all.

Personally I think the squad is good enough - majority have played at this level or above - and we have managed to score in every game but one. Are we employing the right managers to get them playing to their best level? And if we are having to rein in expenditure, is that solely due to the loss of Saturday games?

Literally 1 point in 8 games is ridiculous clearly there’s an issue that the manager needs to fix regardless of what’s going on or what you say every week …… trying to get players out ….. the job that was left for him when he came ….. the budget. the truth is his way above his depth and can’t get us out the crap
Funny you didn’t say that in December when the form was good. We will have to disagree on that one.
Did you think Gavin was out of his depth last season once the losing streak started?
For me, we signed too many similar players pre season and only Kalala had real pace.
I believe that additional money has been released now to change the squad if Ben’s programme notes are correct.

Funny you didn’t say that in December when the form was good. We will have to disagree on that one.
I believe that additional money has been released now to change the squad if Ben’s programme notes are correc
Did you think Gavin was out of his depth last season once the losing streak started?
For me, we signed too many similar players pre season and only Kalala had real pace.
I believe that additional money has been released now to change the squad if Ben’s programme notes are correct.
Clearly in this league he was out his depth results proved that.
Also no I didn’t mention December I agree was a fantastic month but it doesn’t change the fact I can clearly see his out his depth but hey as long as the beer sells and as long as you keep lying to yourself and blame everything else but the manager

There was over 3000 people in the ground. So the opinions of 10 people on here don’t mean much. Not compared with the real fans.

Stood alongside the outside bar for the second half and there was a lot of noise behind the goal…….from people talking, every time I looked dozens had their backs to the goal. And as for those fucking keys, strangely that was absent in the first half which must mean the tourists are heading straight for the Greendale End/bar. That end was absolutely rammed even during half time.

Stood alongside the outside bar for the second half and there was a lot of noise behind the goal…….from people talking, every time I looked dozens had their backs to the goal. And as for those fucking keys, strangely that was absent in the first half which must mean the tourists are heading straight for the Greendale End/bar. That end was absolutely rammed even during half time.

Its almost like we're a beer garden with a football team attached.

It might be time to admit that some of the stick we get from opposition fans is justified. I've certainly heard and seen things in recent times from our support that have been downright embarrassing.

Are you romantically involved (or would like to be) with Paul Barnes? Genuine question. He’s useless.

Back
Top Bottom