Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers Summer 2020

Everyday at 1pm for the next week, apparently, which seems a touch overly dramatic, especially as most clubs at our level have been communicating regularly with their supporters for weeks whilst we've had near silence.

If the first announcement is Danny Mills celebrating the second year of his contract with a symbolic re-signing ceremony, I shall be most sad.

Sorry If you don't like the way we've decided to announce players, thought it might make it slightly more enjoyable over the next week or so, as I've stated elsewhere there's been a lot going on behind the scenes at the club and although lots of other clubs have been signing players for ages and announcing them straight away, we try and tie up everyone leaving before we announce anyone new.

Last edited:
Couple of Departures I’m sad about, thought Jack Connors was a classy left back with excellent delivery and ultimately had more in his locker than Nathan Smith. Vose had some excellent performances in the latter half of the season, added energy to the team and worked a lot harder for the midfield than when he first joined. Hunte was a great option as an attacking midfield and adapted very quickly to playing more central rather than on the wings.

Hopefully will get a couple of experienced players in to replace the likes of Smith, Orlu and Ijaha. And of course Allassani will re-sign!

He was third but Ade Yusuf was second so i'm guessing he's taking Ade out of the conversation as he left halfway through the season

Sorry If you don't like the way we've decided to announce players, thought it might make it slightly more enjoyable over the next week or so, as I've stated elsewhere there's been a lot going on behind the scenes at the club and although lots of other clubs have been signing players for ages and announcing them straight away, we try and tie up everyone leaving before we announce anyone new.

Not for one moment doubting there's been a lot going on, and understand the club wants to make sure the departures are handled as they see fit - but now that's done, there's a chance to fill the void in communications. I'm sure plenty will enjoy gradual announcements, could well be that I'm in the minority on that.

Reactions: YTC
Everyday at 1pm for the next week, apparently, which seems a touch overly dramatic, especially as most clubs at our level have been communicating regularly with their supporters for weeks whilst we've had near silence.

If the first announcement is Danny Mills celebrating the second year of his contract with a symbolic re-signing ceremony, I shall be most sad.

So you're annoyed that our club has not communicated regularly, and now you are annoyed that they will be saving up news so they can communicate regularly?

It must be so frustrating to be a volunteer doing work for the club, in and around paid work, and have to read stuff like this?!

So you're annoyed that our club has not communicated regularly, and now you are annoyed that they will be saving up news so they can communicate regularly?

It must be so frustrating to be a volunteer doing work for the club, in and around paid work, and have to read stuff like this?!

My frustration is that there's been little or no communication from the club concerning the new season for some weeks, unlike a lot of other clubs - regular, irregular or otherwise.

The barrier to communicating on players coming in was dealing with departures in the manner preferred by the club. That barrier has now been removed, so the method of making that information available is now down to choice. Following that period where no communication was made, I now find that chosen method to be frustrating - others will no doubt find it enjoyable.

And on the second point - I don't underestimate or undervalue the immense efforts and time put in by volunteers, but equally I'd hope the club would welcome reasonable opinions being expressed. If they see and don't agree with my opinion, they can ignore it - that's entirely their prerogative, and one they're absolutely entitled to.

I hear you Dave, we felt not only that we should stick to what we normally do, but with such uncertainty (and lets be fair, a pretty flimsy step 3-7 re start protocol) about when/how we'll be returning we didn't have much to say, WFC have been getting some great coverage though and Stadium was a big big effort from all involved.

Hope the more regular comms resumption is welcome!

I hear you Dave, we felt not only that we should stick to what we normally do, but with such uncertainty (and lets be fair, a pretty flimsy step 3-7 re start protocol) about when/how we'll be returning we didn't have much to say, WFC have been getting some great coverage though and Stadium was a big big effort from all involved.

Hope the more regular comms resumption is welcome!

Thank you, I appreciate that, and please don't take anything I've said as suggesting the incredible effort and commitment from everyone involved in the club isn't appreciated - I'm absolutely aware that without that there wouldn't be a club for me to get frustrated with!

And Jesse Debrah was well worth the wait!

Couple of Departures I’m sad about, thought Jack Connors was a classy left back with excellent delivery and ultimately had more in his locker than Nathan Smith. Vose had some excellent performances in the latter half of the season, added energy to the team and worked a lot harder for the midfield than when he first joined. Hunte was a great option as an attacking midfield and adapted very quickly to playing more central rather than on the wings.

Hopefully will get a couple of experienced players in to replace the likes of Smith, Orlu and Ijaha. And of course Allassani will re-sign!

Agree with you on Connors - Vose won't be missed for me. Hunte was great when he signed at first but wasn't the same after getting clobbered by that oaf from Woking in the last game of the season before last.

I think Christian Smith is a good player and the manner of those communications suggests the dressing room wasn't great last season - as many of us on here have suspected.

Delighted Jesse has joined up as he is clearly a young man of ability and this is a good signing by the club.

We know Danny Mills has another season. There's still a fair nucleus of players not accounted for, so presumably most of these (at least those who were regulars) have been invited to stay.

Updated

Confirmed:
Jesse Debrah (from Millwall)
Danny Mills

Unconfirmed:
Lionel Ainsworth
Diogo Barbosa
Aaron Barnes
Tom Chambers
Charlie Grainger
David Kuagica
Jeffrey Monakana
Maliq Morris
Shamir Mullings
Nathan Smith
Jamie Splatt
Quade Taylor

Loans expired:
Reise Allassani

Departures:
Ben Chapman (Ebbsfleet United)
Nyren Clunis (Carshalton Athletic)
Jack Connors
Preston Edwards (Brentwood Town)
Connor Hunte
David Ijaha
Dylan Kearney (Hayes & Yeading)
Marvin McCoy
Kieran Monlouis
Richard Orlu
Christian Smith
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Dominic Vose
Lewis White (Carshalton Athletic)

On the basis there are 7 more announcements, can it be assumed that they are in addition to the 12 Unconfirmed on that list? That would make 21 in total (given 2 confirmed). Sounds about right.

I’ll be honest, I’m mainly worried about the keeper position. The thought of having to explain to an obsessed three year old that Charlie Grainger has left is giving me sleepless nights and I’m not sure I can cope with the stress of a week of 1pm countdowns to find out if it’s true.

Today's new singing certainly brings plenty of experience:

This is very promising. Has played at a reasonably High level and gradually moved down the leagues presumably due to age. Only played a handful of games last season for Stevenage but the season before he was a regular starter in league two. Career stats and apps show he has an abundance of experience. Could be a great signing and he will have a part to play behind the scenes with youth. Very happy with this bit of business.

Back
Top Bottom