Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

A plug on BrixtonBuzz for the match!

dulwich-hamlet-fc.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/07/dulwich-hamlet-fc-vs-millwall-30th-julaug-2013/

If any of you lot play the fantasy premier league game, there's now a Dulwich Halmet supporters league - the code is
171030-94156

Right, off to Champion Hill....

Dulwich Hamlet 1 - 4 Millwall

A well contested game where an enthusiastic Hamlet succumbed to a young but robust Millwall development team who were more clinical in front of goal. The scoreline didn't do justice to a reasonable Hamlet performance, with new boy Jerome Walker waltzing down the right wing with a few snazzy tricks in his back pocket. We were 4-0 down before Erhun Oztumer delightfully chipped the keeper from edge of the box; a goal I missed cos I was in the pisser :(

Should have had a goal/penalty when Harry new No 9 had his head on a cross at the far post, only to be denied on the line by a cheeky handball. Decent chances from Ellis Green, Erhun and Pinnock followed, but best of all was Peter Adeniyi's massive air kick - must've been a dummy!

Decent crowd of 426 for a friendly - more than we were getting for some league games last season. Onwards and upwards :)

Does anyone know if the friendly/fierce local derby against Palace next Tuesday is still on? It's on the Palace site, but not on the DH site.

Could we write our own sings and then play them?

"Come on mun
Put the boot in
To the Tooting
Scum"

what have you got lined up? a sneak preview please!

Birthday Party, PiL, Roots Manuva, X-Ray Spex, Cameo, Cybotron, The Human League... and, er, some other stuff which I must really love considering I've forgotten.
Could we write our own songs and then play them?

I believe so. They played a totally bizarre/awful/heartwarming kinda europop remix of a recording of the "La La La La La Laaaaa" chant before the Burgess Hill match (which is here: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/young-turk-herne-bay-away-crowd-mix-39932.html)

Anyone here give me a report on Daniel Carr? Young lad we (HTFC) signed from you lot, striker, any good?

Best of luck with the season and all that jazz.

Anyone here give me a report on Daniel Carr? Young lad we (HTFC) signed from you lot, striker, any good?

Nice boy who had a rich vein of scoring form... oh what am I doing, I've long since rebelled against the neoliberal homodoxy of notions of pitch-centric footballing efficiency... *goes back to painting entire body pink & blue*

If it helps, I did take Danny to one side at the championship celebrations and explain that my great-grandfather was a Huddersfield fan who went to the 1922 FA Cup final, so, er, something about history and links between Yorkshire and South London, two great families united by this marriage, etc.

Best of luck with the season and all that jazz.
Great lad, seems to have his head screwed on for a 19 year old. Scored around 25 goals last season, and he only joined us in about October iirc, so prob only played about 25-30 games. Still raw, for sure, and is capable of missing a few sitters, but he gets himself in the box in decent positions, so I think will make a decent striker.

There was a nice moment at the end of the friendly the other week v HTFC when, after quite a long time singing his name, he finally came over to the fans and clapped us and said goodbye. He obviously liked Dulwich - and we liked him, so give him plenty of encouragement and I'm sure he'll score goals.

The song for him was (to the tune of Que Sera):

Danny Carr Danny Carr
He's better than Huntelaar
He's better than Demba Ba
Danny Carr Danny Carr

:)

Daft question, but exactly what division are Hamlet in?

They've been described as being in the Premier Division of the Isthmian League, the Non-League Premier, Ryman Football League Premier Division and the Isthmian League Premier Division

The traditional name for the league is the Isthmian League - with a Premier Division, a Division One South and a Division One North. When sponsors started coming in in the 80s/90s, the leagues changed their names, hence the sponsors are Ryman at the moment. (I prefer the original league name - when I update the honours on my DHFC flag, I'm not gonna call it the Ryman League!)

There's some great and very random league names around - I remember the "Beazer Homes League Midland Division" which Forest Green Rovers used to play in when I was a kid. The Northern Premier League is now called the Evo-Stick League. I also like the Cherry Red Records League which covers Surrey/London - do they have great tunes at the grounds?!

Back
Top Bottom