Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dullest Film Ever

nick1181 said:
Actually speaking of Bill Murray, I found that Lost in Translation to be fairly diabolical. It's a chick/bloke thing I think. Girls all seem to like it.

erm.. most of the main champions on these boards for Lost In Translation have been blokes, IIRC. :p

Patriarchy, I shit it.

nick1181 said:
Actually speaking of Bill Murray, I found that Lost in Translation to be fairly diabolical. It's a chick/bloke thing I think. Girls all seem to like it.
I didn't. And I'm still waiting for mardy or whatever he's called to explain to me why this makes me really stupid.

I'm simply not interested in middle aged men going through a mid-life crisis and feeling sorry for themselves.

Men have a far better time of it than women in the same age-group, for whom the idea of getting hold of a hot young bit of male stuff isn't, in 99.9 per cent of cases, even REMOTELY a possibility. And Scarlet Johannson comes across as a spoiled little drip.

Do I sound bitter? :D :D

bristle-krs said:
and i wonder why that is...
Oh come on, they are all far too intelligent and sensitive to be playing pocket billiards over Scarlet. :p

I can't really imagine why 'chicks' would like it, female director or not. It's a film for middle aged men.

AI
Blade,put me to sleep 4 times.
2001,I'v given up trying to watch that.
the matrix sequels.
What dreams may come. was truly awful,I felt conned and had to sit with my ex sobbing all the way through.it almost sucked my will to live away completly
the village,but Unbreakable is great.
The English Patient, what was the point.
luckily I've never seen Titanic,its not been easy but fingers crossed I never will

The English Patient, what was the point.

I had to sit through this in the cinema and my gf kept prodding me in the ribs every time there was a really lovely landscape shot. I avoided the 'drama' by falling asleep/prodding my gfs ribs during the 'action'

Beautiful movie but OH. MY. GOD. how dull?

ginger_syn said:
AI
Blade,put me to sleep 4 times.
I fell asleep during Blade on the telly the other day. Mind you, it was after the pub.

As for AI, not only dull but in all regards completely appalling.

IntoStella said:
You mean the Tim Burton film Ed Wood (surely not!) or Plan Nine From Outer Space?

Surely the latter? The former features one of Bill Murray's finest performances (and that's saying something) as Bunny Breckinridge, not to mention Martin Landau's (richly deserved) Oscar winning Bela Lugosi.
yeah, i meant Plan 9...we all know johnny depp is divine!:mad: ;)
(although his acting skills might not compare to his high-quality looks, alas!) :(
< dribble, drool >
< wipes off stains from floor > :(

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 was completely lame as was the remake of the orginal. Titanic must be challenging thank christ i've never seen the english patient and the same goes for anything like Jayne Eyre but they must pretty close

The other day got talking to someone at work about Hannah Murray, who used to be in Skins. On googling I discovered she had been in The Numbers Station, "a 2013 British-American-Belgian action thriller film" from what future historians of the silver screen will no doubt call John Cusack's 'alimony and didn't-give-a-fuck' period.

I watched this film. I remember choosing it on Netflix, and starting it. I then remember absolutely nothing until the final credits appeared. I may have fallen asleep, been abducted by extra-terrestrial creatures from a far-off world, or had my memory wiped remotely via some kind of magnetic shockwave.

Or it might just have been a terrible movie, and my subconscious mind simply wanted to protect my conscious being from the inevitable emotional and psychic trauma that watching it would entail.

Hmmm... Dull films of the past decade update...

/Paddington/ - had sometimes-sharp people raving about it, was smug Guardianista toss at best.

Noah- we walked out of the cinema halfway through.
THX 1138. I actually fell asleep watching it.
Quantum of Solace. I can't even remember what happened in it. Absolute toss.
Chariots of Fire. I got dragged to see it in 2012 when it was being shown at the Leicester Square Empire. I fell asleep right there in the cinema.
Spectre. I thought it was just an over-long advert for cars that only oligarchs could afford.

Waterworld was the only film I ever fell asleep in the cinema whilst watching.
Since sprogging, I have nodded off to many £1 Kids' Klub ones on a Sunday morning (Free Bird, Despicable Me 2, that rubbish CGI animated fairy one, etc). I once passed out (dribbling, snoring) whilst sat in the front row of a packed-out theatre on a date during Independence Day.

I can't remember actually falling asleep in the cinema. My Dad did, when he took us to see Popeye... I don't think he was an Altman fan. Or a Robin Williams fan...

I do, often, fall asleep during a film that I would watch at my own leisure. But usually that's just me being tired, as compared to film quality or pace.

Godard's Goodbye to Language, which a couple of years ago made a lot of critic's lists, bored me to tears and I decided to skip the last half hour and go to the pub instead.

Godard's Goodbye to Language, which a couple of years ago made a lot of critic's lists, bored me to tears and I decided to skip the last half hour and go to the pub instead.

I haven't heard of this one but even if I was squirming in my seat I couldn't up and leave. It would be against my nature to.

I haven't heard of this one but even if I was squirming in my seat I couldn't up and leave. It would be against my nature to.
I used to be like that, but the older I get the more I like to make the most of the time I've got left on this planet and a really boring, wanky film is not time well spent.

Back
Top Bottom