Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drones - amazing videos, discussion, reviews and more

Stunning stuff:

The Noor is a non-narrative short drone film shot entirely on DJI Mini 2 in beautiful landscapes of frozen Baikal lake in the Eastern Siberia region of Russia. Noor (Нуур) is a Buryat word for lake, and Buryat is ethos people who have populated this area for many years, so it was appropriate to use their beautiful word for this short film. The region of Baykal lake is famous for winter travels due to fact that this world's largest pure water lake gets frozen and became one of the most beautiful sites in the world. Rocky clips froze during the storms and get white lower parts together with dark blue see-through ice make it amazing to photograph.

Amazon just knocked £70 off the DJI Mini 2. I've bitten! Just as the weather goes shit too. Roll on payday! lolz

Last edited:
Was thinking of getting one since the recent rule change meaning you can fly it within 50m of people if it’s weight is less than 250g. Not sure whether I would actually use it though.

Well, I'm glad I did a 'little' bit of research before buying the one I did. I knew there were new rules and weight limits and stuff, but didn't realise just how limited it is now for flyers of drones that weigh more than 250g.

Yet bizarrely these new lightweight ones can practically be flown anywhere under the new regs, including in your back garden!

Anyway, this guy explains it all way better than I can!

It’s pretty nerve racking flying these things as a novice. Hopefully improve over time and looks like some decent weather on the horizon. Decided to try and catch some sunset photos. Shitting myself the whole time afraid it would fall out the sky, get attacked by birds or is crash it into a tree!

4F4F5E95-0912-4611-B094-21773A89E220.jpeg0AC30FA3-BDDD-4958-B67B-1E856D20BF6D.jpegFFACA70F-B6FE-4014-82FC-258279876BD2.jpeg4899B34D-80AE-4673-A932-456DA1C0F354.jpeg12CC8C02-542C-4196-BA4D-E94F0AEC504B.jpeg

Did take some short videos but too big to upload here and too shit to put on YouTube. I basically got about 45 seconds out on the lake before I bottled it and came back.

A little bump for this thread. I have seen my son's drones pics and was impressed. I flew it today, amazing. I found it nerve wracking if it flew so high that I couldn't see it. It was worse when it flew a fair distance away over trees and couldn't see it bilut there was a home button.
It was small, lightweight, foldable, very portable and easy to use. The picture clarity was stunning.
Would I get the use out of one?

Reactions: tim
A little bump for this thread. I have seen my son's drones pics and was impressed. I flew it today, amazing. I found it nerve wracking if it flew so high that I couldn't see it. It was worse when it flew a fair distance away over trees and couldn't see it bilut there was a home button.
It was small, lightweight, foldable, very portable and easy to use. The picture clarity was stunning.
Would I get the use out of one?

There's only one way to find out! :D

Now, that's what I call a fine!

PhillyDroneLife, a Youtube channel run by Michael DiCiurcio, has been grounded. In a recent court case, DiCiurcio was not only fined $182,000 but also banned from operating any drones whatsoever. This comes after a long history of documented violations of FAA regulations captured on DiCiurcio’s own channel. And if he violates the probation, he might even face jail time.

The high fine reflects the sheer number of violations DiCiurcio committed. These include flying in restricted airspace, near buildings, and at night.

Back
Top Bottom