Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drones - amazing videos, discussion, reviews and more

editor

hiraethified
It looks like drones aren't going to go away, so maybe a thread is needed for the latest updates. Has anyone here got one? I quite like the idea for photography, but it seems you've got to pay a fair few quid to get anything decent.

Anyway, to start things off, here's a video of a DJI Phantom 4 being tested, and crashed.

When you say "reviews", will reviews include their explosive carrying capabilities? Or will there be some type of overall terrorist-friendly score?

When you say "reviews", will reviews include their explosive carrying capabilities? Or will there be some type of overall terrorist-friendly score?
Amazingly, quite a lot of people will be using them for quite innocent activities, like creating breathtaking video footage. Others may want to talk about the technology developments or different uses for them, but if you just want to go on and on about their terrorist potential, feel free.

You can buy a massive selection of cheap and not so cheap ones on GearBest.

I quite fancy a small outdoor one when I've the spare pennies to learn how to fly one.

I want one of these. Although no direct control could be scary.

images

Will I have to get a helmet? I mean if loads of people decide they want to fly the fekker's for whatever reason, are we at risk of a collision?:confused:

I hope I don't see one if I'm fucked on shrooms or acid! :eek:

Last week, my boss finally agreed that we need a drone - and knowing him, it will be a good one, capable of lugging the best cameras money can buy.

Guess who will be breaking the habit of a lifetime and sticking his hand-up to volunteer for training. :D

I got a cheap(ish) one for werv last xmas, it didn't last very long (about two weeks) but it was a lot of fun while it did. I now want to spend a reasonable amount of a FPV one and see how many more impressive crashes we can have.

I also found these, which look like masses of fun, unfortunately they aren't available here yet and I don't have the skills to diy it.

I can sort of see the point of having a no fly zone about a very heavily pedestrianised area with hundreds of children running about, a quadcopter prop can REALLY hurt if it hits you, not to mention the impact if the quad falls on your head. I think the ban was more because the whole area was quite definitely out of bounds and the drone op completely circumvented it.

I can also see the point of them wanting to fly their own, professionally flown and insured drones as the footage could be pretty amazing.

I can sort of see the point of having a no fly zone about a very heavily pedestrianised area with hundreds of children running about, a quadcopter prop can REALLY hurt if it hits you...

It'll teach the little bastards not to go to Disney then :p

I can sort of see the point of having a no fly zone about a very heavily pedestrianised area with hundreds of children running about, a quadcopter prop can REALLY hurt if it hits you, not to mention the impact if the quad falls on your head. I think the ban was more because the whole area was quite definitely out of bounds and the drone op completely circumvented it.

I can also see the point of them wanting to fly their own, professionally flown and insured drones as the footage could be pretty amazing.

They don't want it for aerial footage.

They want a fleet of 50 drones to flight at night, during a firework display with light packs attached. A drone flying lights display.

They may start out with proper pilots. How long till they switch to some random parks employee who has had a 30 min safety brief from the guy who runs the hot dog stands.

Drones, at night, in proximity to aerial explosives. What could go wrong?

They don't want it for aerial footage.

They want a fleet of 50 drones to flight at night, during a firework display with light packs attached. A drone flying lights display.

They may start out with proper pilots. How long till they switch to some random parks employee who has had a 30 min safety brief from the guy who runs the hot dog stands.

Drones, at night, in proximity to aerial explosives. What could go wrong?

Get rid of the pilot would be the logical step.

Agree that they are fantastic for photography and filming but also can't help but worry what these will eventually be used for. Seen this a few years ago and it still makes me shudder.

I've had my eye on one of these for a while. They used to be over £200. Now down to about £150.

yesterday on the news it said they were being used to drop contraband into pentonville jail- drugs, mobbies that sort of touch. I lolled.

Back
Top Bottom