Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand the selection process here, what's a "super delegate" and what's the difference atween a Caucus and a primary?
A super delegate is someone entitled to attend the convention by virtue of their status in the party machine rather than through the primary/caucas results. Any current democrat member of congress, governor, former or current president or vice president aswell as top officials in the party of each state is a super delegate - theres hundreds and hundreds of them and as youd imagine being solidly establishment they overwhelmingly support clinton.

Apparently the republicans do have super delegates too but much much fewer - only a few per state - and they are bound to support whoever won their state.

A super delegate is someone entitled to attend the convention by virtue of their status in the party machine rather than through the primary/caucas results. Any current democrat member of congress, governor, former or current president or vice president aswell as top officials in the party of each state is a super delegate - theres hundreds and hundreds of them and as youd imagine being solidly establishment they overwhelmingly support clinton.

Thanks for that, but it seems Sanders hasn't a chance even if he wins NY?

Well i think it might come down to the super delegates. Would a democratic house member and super delegate continue to back clinton if their district has gone 75% sanders? Reading democratic underground seems a few people are making an effort to remind their local super delegates there could be consequences. Wrong topic anyway!

Well i think it might come down to the super delegates. Would a democratic house member and super delegate continue to back clinton if their district has gone 75% sanders? Reading democratic underground seems a few people are making an effort to remind their local super delegates there could be consequences. Wrong topic anyway!
:thumbs:

If it came down to it then it is very unlikely that superdelegates would vote against the nominee with the majority of votes for a candidate in primaries and caucuses. For example, Bill Clinton was a superdelegate in 2008 and he switched to Obama just like all the others did.

Best described yerself the veep.

Good show, a "ner ner ner", and an insinuation that I'm claiming to be a better anything than you. :)

Except that I've never claimed to be a better anarchist than you. I do however believe I've got more of a grip on how power relations should work in anarchism than you - on earlier showings - do, and they don't include dictating to people what their politics may be, in order that you can use your categorisation of them, to beat them over the head with. :)

Sometimes liberals need beating over the head. This trump hysteria is one example. Yes, he's a grotty ruthless (probable) sociopath but behind the contrived "emurgud he's a wacist!" espoused by certain corners lies a darker fear of the working class.

Sometimes liberals need beating over the head. This trump hysteria is one example. Yes, he's a grotty ruthless (probable) sociopath but behind the contrived "emurgud he's a wacist!" espoused by certain corners lies a darker fear of the working class.
You really cannot do this you're anti-working class stuff very well. You don't grasp the basis of it at all. It's just a show to you. A show on U75.

Did anyone see that bit on the Bbc about his potential mafia links ? Appears he sourced all the concrete for his hotels from Fat Tony Salernos crew . And, surprise surprise, never had a single strike during the construction .

Some background to it here .

21 Questions For Donald Trump

Last edited:
Where to you get the idea he is going to be isolationist?

Time to Get Tough, by Donald Trump, p. 87

Doesn't sound very isolationist to me. Also, all of this.
6 sounds a bit like the GWB Doctrine, while the rest is the usual right wing pro-ridiculously strong military bluster. I'm pretty sure he'd find a way to use military power to boost his own appeal, I doubt it would involve China or Russia, probably a weaker, much nearer nation.

Ridiculous definition of liberals - one that the author is aware will be used to smear the left. To in fact, suggest these multi-millionaires are the left. if your definition of liberal =
After all, it wasn’t some Klan newsletter that first brought Trump to our attention: It was Time and Esquire and Spy. The Westboro Baptist Church didn’t give him his own TV show: NBC did. And his boasts and lies weren’t posted on Breitbart, they were published by Random House. He was created by people who learned from Andy Warhol, not Jerry Falwell, who knew him from galas at the Met, not fundraisers at Karl Rove’s house, and his original audience was presented to him by Condé Nast, not Guns & Ammo.

then best not to use the term at all. The connecting factor there is money power and influence - not liberalism. And it's a game that Lewis himself plays albeit on a lesser level. How nauseating does he think his tales of new york dinner parties with other authors artists and minor-celebs would appear to the beer swilling gun owning rednecks he thinks he's defending/talking for in this piece i wonder?

Last edited:
Sounds like a great guy. No idea if this'll affect his campaign.

'Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski has been charged with assaulting a journalist at a campaign event.

Mr Lewandowski is charged with simple battery for his encounter with former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields.

On 8 March, he allegedly yanked her to the ground when she tried to ask a question and bruised her arm.'

US election: Donald Trump aide charged with assault - BBC News

Just saw this...

Bit a stripper :D

Edit: er.. not that I'm condoning that sort of thing you understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom