Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us who don't use twatter, what's that all about?

Jeb bush twatted a photo of a fancy engraved handgun with a single word "America" and people are tweeting photos mocking him. This is a daft move on bush, as he admitted last year to not owning a gun.

This almost makes me want to vote for him in a hypothetical way...I hate the fact they use a child at the start.

Jeb bush twatted a photo of a fancy engraved handgun with a single word "America" and people are tweeting photos mocking him. This is a daft move on bush, as he admitted last year to not owning a gun.
Christ onna crutch! This is his idea of 'America' aye whey, he has obviously secured the votes of the NRA, can't see people outside of that organisation and the tea party liking it though?
Personally I think it trumps a lot of Donald's idiocy.

Christ onna crutch! This is his idea of 'America' aye whey, he has obviously secured the votes of the NRA, can't see people outside of that organisation and the tea party liking it though?
Personally I think it trumps a lot of Donald's idiocy.

To be honest it's back fired badly. like alot of Jeb Bush. His campaign slogan is "Jeb can fix it" no one googled it first?

And I feel sorry for him after this

Jeb! has become a sad, pathetic joke across all people & media types. Most everything he says & does makes him look weaker & sillier. Recent brilliant move....bring in G. W. to campaign with him.

And I feel sorry for him after this

Sorry for him? Fuck Bush and the Bush he rode in on - I think it's hilarious that he's become this crushed, bullied, caricature of a candidate with his mom and his big brother having to stick up for him, and a good sign for US democracy, despite the rise of Trump: This was supposed to be the election where the Citizens United decision really made itself felt and corporate cash conquered all. Instead, Bush has burned through way more cash than anybody else and has nothing to show for it.

Next time you feel sorry for Jeb, just think about the 21 death warrants he signed as governor of Florida...

I said I feel sorry for him. I didnt say I liked him or didnt think he wasn't a complete cunt

Two of Mr Trump's Republican rivals, Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush, both Catholics, said they look to the Pope for spiritual guidance, not political direction.

Mr Rubio said the US has a right and an obligation to control its borders.

Mr Bush told reporters he "supports walls where it's appropriate" and that "Christianity is between he and his creator. I don't think we need to discuss that".

Jerry Falwell Jr, the president of conservative Christian Liberty University and a Trump supporter, told CNN that the Pope went too far,

"Jesus never intended to give instructions to political leaders on how to run a country," he said.

In response to which I pondered the song 'kill you on a Monday' by the Tiger Lillies.

I’ll kill you on a Monday
just for the fun
Slash away with my sword
watch your blood runs
Kill you on a Tuesday
make mincemeat of you
Smile and laugh
as I run you through
Kill you on a Wednesday
I’ll cut off your head
Put your head upon a pole
celebrate you’re dead
I’ll kill you on a Thursday
blow you to kingdom come
Laugh at the grieving
of your widow and your son
Kill you on a Friday
your blood I’ll spill
On Saturday boast
to your daughter you I killed
But on Sunday
to the chapel I will go
Where god he will thank me
for the duty I did show

render unto Caesar

You've lost me - I was talking about the relationship between the believer and God. Early Protestantism, as I understand it, was about the relationship being a personal one with God rather than one mediated by the church as in catholicism.

You've lost me - I was talking about the relationship between the believer and God. Early Protestantism, as I understand it, was about the relationship being a personal one with God rather than one mediated by the church as in catholicism.

Early Christianity, as in the bloke himself, ended up on trial over taxation, differentiating between religious and secular authority , its what he was crucified for

Early Christianity, as in the bloke himself, ended up on trial over taxation, differentiating between religious and secular authority , its what he was crucified for

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I'm talking about an individual's relationship with God and the church's role in mediating same. Not a separation between secular and divine authority.

But it's a stupid point to make anyway and doesn't really add anything to the thread, sorry :oops:

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I'm talking about an individual's relationship with God and the church's role in mediating same. Not a separation between secular and divine authority.

But it's a stupid point to make anyway and doesn't really add anything to the thread, sorry :oops:
as Trump also claims to be Protestant adds there...and how he can end up in a bun fight with the pope.

Better level than the Vatican has walls

- FEBRUARY 18, 2016 -
DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO THE POPE
If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians.

The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story - he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation.

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

playground style insults /áccusations /recriminations involving ISIS/the Pope / all of Mexico....It only ever gets more deranged with the Trumpmeister.

as for Bush....time to exit with whatever dignity he, or more likely his fatally misguided advisers, think he still retains

It is amusing that the pope clearly also thinks trump is a massive bell end. In a way he's just like me and it seems reasonable to hope that one day the pope will meet trump and ask him to pull his finger. In another more accurate way he won't do it ever and the only way I'm going to see someone ask him to pull their finger is if I do it myself :(

So trump has a pop at the Pope and pisses off about 25% of the world's population. How long is trumps list? Who is next in line :D

sadly, I don't think it will have any effect on the opinions of his supporters. they are truly, stubbornly stupid. they will probably just say they always thought the pope was too liberal & political anyway.

sadly, I don't think it will have any effect on the opinions of his supporters. they are truly, stubbornly stupid. they will probably just say they always thought the pope was too liberal & political anyway.

Like Jerry Falwell Jr. who said: "Jesus never intended to give instructions to political leaders on how to run a country." Him and his father have given gazillions of dollars to Christian fundamentalist political causes but when a pope says something he doesn't like, it's suddenly time to leave Jesus out of politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom