Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That figure would include many of the 'racists' 'thickos' from the rust belt states who voted for him(Obama) in two elections.

I don't go with the liberal underpinnings of this piece, but it's probably a fair account of how Trump will (continue) to treat the media - and the notion of 'truth'.
Sean Spicer is a Groucho Marxist, asking us not to believe our own eyes

The Farage Vs O'Brien on LBC was a good but fairly rare example of someone breaking through his bluster and bullshit, getting right into facts and challenging the detail. Admittedly farage is a pundshop Trump, so whether the bubble of his bullshit also gets burst might be more difficult.

Last edited:
That's an interesting first salvo against the media. What will be interesting is whether/how Trump goes after individual journalists. He won't leave it at issuing counter blasts, there will be some form of active revenge. Certainly a sign that he's not going to change his style in office.
Over such a minor issue, too. I really want to see a decent journalist go for the jugular with him now. The recent wobblers he's thrown over the reporting of his inauguration/ Meryl Streep has shown how badly he reacts to criticism, even post-election. I wondered if he might at least try to appear a bit more statesmanlike once in office.

Wonder how log it will be before his policies or the fall out from them provoke large scale rioting

The deep state doesn't seem to be waiting for that U.S. Eyes Michael Flynn’s Links to Russia

WASHINGTON—U.S. counterintelligence agents have investigated communications that President Donald Trump’s national security adviser had with Russian officials, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Flynn is the first person inside the White House under Mr. Trump whose communications are known to have faced scrutiny as part of investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency and Treasury Department to determine the extent of Russian government contacts with people close to Mr. Trump.

It isn’t clear when the counterintelligence inquiry began, whether it produced any incriminating evidence or if it is continuing. Mr. Flynn, a retired general who became national security adviser with Mr. Trump’s inauguration, plays a key role in setting U.S. policy toward Russia.

The counterintelligence inquiry aimed to determine the nature of Mr. Flynn’s contact with Russian officials and whether such contacts may have violated laws, people familiar with the matter said.

A key issue in the investigation is a series of telephone calls Mr. Flynn made to Sergey Kislyak, the Russian ambassador to the U.S., on Dec. 29. That day, the Obama administration announced sanctions and other measures against Russia in retaliation for its alleged use of cyberattacks to interfere with the 2016 U.S. election. U.S. intelligence officials have said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the hacks on Democratic Party officials to try to harm Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid.

I wonder, if they do manage to take down trump by linking him to Russia in some way, will that constitute an act of war by Russia on the US? Will those in the US itching for a fight with Putin get what they're looking for? Just an early morning brain fart on my behalf.

If Trump gets taken down because of Russia links, which probably isn't going to happen, all the US will need to do to punish Russia is to take away Trump's American passport and stick him on a plane to Moscow.

People are now being investigated and fired for tweets etc. about assassinating Trump, with right-wing types combing Twitter for anti-Trump comments and reporting people to their employers - guess they're looking for payback for all those times they got reported for remarks about lynching Obama.

Secret Service investigating Louisville woman

If you like this you are going to love how Trump uses the surveillance state that has been built for him.

I remember after some Bushbots made some legal threats during the Bush year, there was a strict ban here on advocating the assassination of George W Bush, though I think we were still allowed to say we'd like to see him get smacked around a little.

bagsy first sofa in the ecuadorian embassy
No need, there's a fully equipped room waiting, just needs the duvet cover changing. Assange has promised to nip over to the US to face the music now Chelsea Manning is to be released. Definitely.

Incredible numbers, bigger than Iraq War protests in the US isn't it?

We were astonished by our numbers too. I've heard attendance numbers anywhere between 7,000 and 15,000. It pretty much covered the mall area from the University to the capital building. Not bad for a city of 280,000. The crowd covered the complete spectrum from little babies, to old men and women. Lots more men than I expected. I saw one teenage guy with what appeared to be his grandmother in a wheelchair.

I had to laugh at the frat house across the street from the student union. They were all safely up on the balcony yelling foul-mouthed, pro-Trump slogans. As more and more people came from around the back side of the building, they got grimmer and grimmer looks on their faces. They were assholes when I was a student. I shouldn't be surprised when they're assholes now.

Here's the film.

Lincoln's own Women's March draws thousands

Drone footage:

Now that turnout needs to be translated in action.

Here's the little boys from the frat house:

16265873_1922580947970964_1365870543350107549_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dear god :( :( :(

"Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order, Surrounded By Men

Surrounded by a group of men, Donald Trump has signed an executive order cutting funding to health groups that advise on abortions.

In one of his first acts as president, he reinstated the “global gag rule” that bans American money from going to international health organisations that counsel on abortion as a family planning option."

Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order, Surrounded By Men | The Huffington Post

:mad:

re: Richard Spencer. I've been trying to figure this out. I've heard / read a lot from men who I know would gladly punch other men in the face, for personal slights, say that we shouldn't condone this violence.

I hear myself saying I have no problem with it. Meanwhile, I abhor violence. I have spoken out about the fact that as a woman, I really don't appreciate men trying to "fix" things for me through violence.

Case in point, I once had a random man in some woods say some very creepy sexual things to me, and ask me to come lay down with him. Very upset, I ran off and told my friends what had happened.
Before I could blink, the men in the group got riled up and went off to find the creepy guy in the woods and god knows what.
I was left there, stunned, feeling like "wait a minute, this is not what I wanted at all!" I didn't want to feel that the solution to me feeling unsafe by one man was for a bunch of other men to go intimidate him.
Because, of course, that leaves me feeling at the mercy of physically stronger people either being "on my side" or not. This was not comforting in any way. My feeling was / is, that I want to live in a world where I feel safe regardless of who's on my side, male or female.

So, why do I feel differently about Spencer? Or people of his ilk?
I am still not quite sure.
I think part of it is that I would gladly punch his little smug face myself, if given the opportunity, regardless of the outcome. Whereas, in most cases, I would not feel ok about violence.
That I wouldn't even worry about my personal safety in such a case.
It would be more important to stop normalizing what is really toxic to huge numbers of people, rather than just one at a time.
I still can't quite explain.
I am just really thankful of that one guy for punching him :)

it's something about power, and power being given when it's not due

Last edited:
re: Richard Spencer. I've been trying to figure this out. I've heard / read a lot from men who I know would gladly punch other men in the face, for personal slights, say that we shouldn't condone this violence.

I hear myself saying I have no problem with it. Meanwhile, I abhor violence. I have spoken out about the fact that as a woman, I really don't appreciate men trying to "fix" things for me through violence.

Case in point, I once had a random man in some woods say some very creepy sexual things to me, and ask me to come lay down with him. Very upset, I ran off and told my friends what had happened.
Before I could blink, the men in the group got riled up and went off to find the creepy guy in the woods and god knows what.
I was left there, stunned, feeling like "wait a minute, this is not what I wanted at all!" I didn't want to feel that the solution to me feeling unsafe by one man was for a bunch of other men to go intimidate him.
Because, of course, that leaves me feeling at the mercy of physically stronger people either being "on my side" or not. This was not comforting in any way. My feeling was / is, that I want to live in a world where I feel safe regardless of who's on my side, male or female.

So, why do I feel differently about Spencer? Or people of his ilk?
I am still not quite sure.
I think part of it is that I would gladly punch his little smug face myself, if given the opportunity, regardless of the outcome. Whereas, in most cases, I would not feel ok about violence.
That I wouldn't even worry about my personal safety in such a case.
It would be more important to stop normalizing what is really toxic to huge numbers of people, rather than just one at a time.
I still can't quite explain.
I am just really thankful of that one guy for punching him :)

it's something about power, and power being given when it's not due

Maybe it's a realisation there are people out there who will never be swayed by logic, or by rhetoric, or by bargaining. But at the same time whose actions demand an immediate response, or whose worldviews are so odious that one cannot simply live and let live.

That is why I think pacifism is ultimately self-defeating, because there will always be people lacking the decency or sense of shame that, for most of us, keeps anti-social tendencies in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom