Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does brief mean here though - mention? What else is briefed/mentioned? A chronology isn't going to provide the key here.

As far as I can tell from reporting it means mentioned. Why does it really matter how the information was presented?

Have you any evidence that the story is untrue? And I can ask that question without myself knowing or believing that it is necessarily true.
You are asking me to prove a negative: but it's already established that Trump's lawyer was never in Prague, as I pointed out in several earlier posts, which you seem to be ignoring

As far as I can tell from reporting it means mentioned. Why does it really matter how the information was presented?
I didn't mention how it was presented. I mean what other stuff do they brief on and what does that contain - a mass file of crap or what? And so, if just mentioned, then so what. I don't get what you're driving at here.

You are asking me to prove a negative: but it's already established that Trump's lawyer was never in Prague, as I pointed out in several earlier posts, which you seem to be ignoring
yeh, which is what the article you derided as garbage said too. NOW you agree with that, earlier you said it was crap. you're all over the shop on this one.

I didn't mention how it was presented. I mean what other stuff do they brief on and what does that contain - a mass file of crap or what? And so, if just mentioned, then so what. I don't get what you're driving at here.

I'm not really driving at anything, all I mean is that it doesn't matter how it was presented or whether it was presented either on its own or alongside other things. All that is needed is for it to be mentioned and then it can be presented with more credibility by anyone who wants to leak what was mentioned.

It was doing the rounds at various media outlets, ones more serious than Buzzfeed like the NYT, months ago. Why not brief then?

I think it would have more problematic if they had done it prior to the election, but yep should have been there 9/11/16.

farage, trump and le pen. Now theres an Axis of evil
hqdefault.jpg

On Background Briefing January 12 - Trump's CIA Nominee and His Boss's Battle With the Intelligence Community; A Leading Analyst of National Security and Executive Power; The Peculiar Symmetry on the Left and Right in Excusing Trump and Putin

A Podcast.

Ian Masters has Bob Baer on formerly of the CIA's Beirut Station. Baer points out it's an open secret that the FSB routinely film everything and everybody in the Russian hotels Trump used. I'd assume Trump must be well aware of that. He has his own security people after all. He's a very rash man but it seems an oddly insecure venue to pick for perverted sex acts. Baer thinks the Russian will only produce such "secret" material if Trump really offends them. Trump's trying dreadfully hard not to tweak Putin's tale while winding up the Chinese at every opportunity. It's very odd almost incriminating behaviour but then he's a very odd man.

Then David Rothkopf CEO of FP who sees Trump's position as rather insecure. Not least because the Republican establishment and perhaps most Republican voters would prefer a Pence Presidency. There's little sign of Trump communicating much with his policy team. Tillerson and the others often take different positions. Trump's behaving exactly how you'd expect a guy used to running a wealthy but fairly small family firm via his fawning entourage not a huge bureaucracy.

squirrelp please take a deep breath and think about the difference between the allegations themselves and the stories about the allegations - who made them, and the uses to which they've been put. The public interest is in the meta story/ies.
The US 'intelligence community' are known liars / con-artists, you name it. They call it 'psychological operations'.

It's in the public interest that our journalists question their pronouncements or gossip-spreading to the hilt, alas this doesn't happen.

You don't know what journalism is. Yet you think you can differentiate between one style and another then pin truth to one? You dangerous authoritarian joker.

Has anyone attempt to answer the question of why, if the document was taken seriously enough by the CIA to brief both Obama and Trump, did they wait 3+ months to do so?

Only Greenwald, AFAICS:

At some point last week, the chiefs of the intelligence agencies decided to declare that this ex-British intelligence operative was “credible” enough that his allegations warranted briefing both Trump and Obama about them, thus stamping some sort of vague, indirect, and deniable official approval on these accusations. Someone — by all appearances, numerous officials — then went to CNN...

No-one else seems to have noticed. :confused:

That example is way before my time, but it appears to be being referred to, even in 2006, as a phrase already in established usage.

Maybe I should test out the search function's capabilities...
i tried a couple of other searches but while the principle was definitely there i can't find an earlier example of 'pms of support'. tbh the search function leaves something to be desired because you can't search by phrase. searching for 'pms support' then means that as long as the two words are in a post a result's returned, even when they aren't in any way adjacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom