Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know what journalism is. Yet you think you can differentiate between one style and another then pin truth to one? You dangerous authoritarian joker.

There is nothing authoritarian about mentioning the various levels of seriousness or credibility within journalism. We do it every time we compare tabloids to broadsheets or John Pilger to Piers Morgan.

Baer points out it's an open secret that the FSB routinely film everything and everybody in the Russian hotels Trump used. I'd assume Trump must be well aware of that. He has his own security people after all. He's a very rash man but it seems an oddly insecure venue to pick for perverted sex acts.

A fair point to make, but on the other hand, plenty of people who you'd expect to be more security-conscious have been caught out by these Beadle's About FSB operations. Politicians, businessmen, embassy staff. Plus, if someone should feel like hiring prostitutes in Moscow, what would constitute a secure venue?

Trump’s rhetoric: a triumph of inarticulacy

The funny thing about this article is that a lot of the things they identify as inarticulacy and unique to Trump are things I have noted as being popular with US liberals.
If there's anything an eton and oxbridge mans knows about it's communication with the the common types. In fact this article demonstrates the range of registers etc that past presidents have been capable of using and so sort of undermines the idea of itself with trumps election.

A fair point to make, but on the other hand, plenty of people who you'd expect to be more security-conscious have been caught out by these Beadle's About FSB operations. Politicians, businessmen, embassy staff. Plus, if someone should feel like hiring prostitutes in Moscow, what would constitute a secure venue?
if you're moving from this particular case to a more general enquiry then starting a thread elsewhere would be a good idea.

i tried a couple of other searches but while the principle was definitely there i can't find an earlier example of 'pms of support'. tbh the search function leaves something to be desired because you can't search by phrase. searching for 'pms support' then means that as long as the two words are in a post a result's returned, even when they aren't in any way adjacent.

I found 117 results for the whole phrase, and the one you linked to was the earliest.

I was just wondering who originally coined the phrase/used it seriously in a vain attempt to gain some credibility, but I guess the answer is now lost in time, like tears in the rain...

I found 117 results for the whole phrase, and the one you linked to was the earliest.

I was just wondering who originally coined the phrase/used it seriously in a vain attempt to gain some credibility, but I guess the answer is now lost in time, like tears in the rain...
yeh but you generally know where the tears came from.

If there's anything an eton and oxbridge mans knows about it's communication with the the common types. In fact this article demonstrates the range of registers etc that past presidents have been capable of using and so sort of undermines the idea of itself with trumps election.

Interesting point, I hadn't considered that.

Well as a gun-owning, MAGA hat wearing red blooded American who voted for Trump and definitely lives in the United States I prefer deplorable, thanks :cool:

That's just your fantasy, Jed. You're actually a British person, unable to vote for Trump, no matter how much you'd like to. :)

I did. In relation to JC2.

43020503.jpg

That's just your fantasy, Jed. You're actually a British person, unable to vote for Trump, no matter how much you'd like to. :)

If I could I certainly wouldn't, I was having a joke at your expense because you confusingly called me a Trump voter.

Interesting point, I hadn't considered that.
Can't remember if this got posted ( i dislike Parenti immensely):

Listening to Trump

At almost every turn the liberal pundits misunderstood, or did not hear, what Trump was saying. After his win in the Nevada Caucus Trump said: “We won with highly-educated, we won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated! We’re the smartest people, we’re the most loyal people.” Liberals lampooned him, assuming that he had insulted part of his base.
A different interpretation translates those comments as: “Trump understands that it’s not all my fault that I couldn’t get an education. He understands that even people who don’t have advanced degrees can make good decisions and are worthy of respect.
http://nonsite.org/editorial/listening-to-trump

If I could I certainly wouldn't, I was having a joke at your expense because you confusingly called me a Trump voter.

The joke was weak at best, and I wasn't calling you a Trump voter, I was asking what the current appellation is for people who are politically opposed to 'liberalism'.

Rather than give an honest answer, you attempted to make yourself look clever.

if you're moving from this particular case to a more general enquiry then starting a thread elsewhere would be a good idea.

Actually, I'm good. I just have my driver take the limo round and round the block. But, if golden showers was my thing, I don't think I could take the valeting bills. So, I can totally understand Trump opting for the suite.

The joke was weak at best, and I wasn't calling you a Trump voter, I was asking what the current appellation is for people who are politically opposed to 'liberalism'.

Rather than give an honest answer, you attempted to make yourself look clever.
there is no single political appellation for people who are politically opposed to 'liberalism' as opposition can come from a wide range of bases.

Then David Rothkopf CEO of FP who sees Trump's position as rather insecure. Not least because the Republican establishment and perhaps most Republican voters would prefer a Pence Presidency. There's little sign of Trump communicating much with his policy team. Tillerson and the others often take different positions. Trump's behaving exactly how you'd expect a guy used to running a wealthy but fairly small family firm via his fawning entourage not a huge bureaucracy.
Trump is extremely insecure & fears being seen as illegitimate IMO......losing the pop vote by 3 million, the FBI director statement, and even his CIA nominee thinks the Ruskies worked to elect him.
Donald Trump’s pick to lead the CIA told lawmakers Thursday that he believed intelligence officials’ assessment that the upper echelons of the Russian government worked to elect the president-elect
CIA Nominee Believes The Russian Government Worked To Elect Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom