Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck are you dribbling on about. You claimed that any move to the right by Trump would be towards fascism. This is patently fucking absurd.

Yes, saying that any move to the right by Trump would be towards fascism would be patently fucking absurd. Just as well that I didn’t say that then eh.

Oh fuck off you pathetic prick.

Take it up with butchers, all I said was
We should give him time to see whether he's fascist or not, he's not even president yet.

but that was enough to make me a fascist enabler and you’re going much further than I am – suggesting that Trump won’t make the US a fascist state nomatter what he does (which seems to be what you are saying by all fascist movements were evidently fascist by the time they had a significant presence in government).

And as someone pointed out, just because that's been true so far it's no guarantee it will always be so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/u...rhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html?_r=0

Four barbers and a firefighter were pondering their future under a Trump presidency at the Upper Cutz barbershop last week.

“We got to figure this out,” said Cedric Fleming, one of the barbers. “We got a gangster in the chair now,” he said, referring to President-elect Donald J. Trump.

They admitted that they could not complain too much: Only two of them had voted. But there were no regrets.

“I don’t feel bad,” Mr. Fleming said, trimming a mustache. “Milwaukee is tired. Both of them were terrible. They never do anything for us anyway.”

Continue reading the main story
Presidential Election 2016[/paste:font]
The latest news and analysis of the candidates and issues shaping the presidential race.

See More »

Donald Trump and the U.N.: Signs of Clashing Views on Many Issues NOV. 19, 2016

As Democrats pick through the wreckage of the campaign, one lesson is clear: The election was notable as much for the people who did not show up, as for those who did. Nationally, about half of registered voters did not cast ballots.

Wisconsin, a state that Hillary Clinton had assumed she would win, historically boasts one of the nation’s highest rates of voter participation; this year’s 68.3 percent turnout was the fifth best among the 50 states. But by local standards, it was a disappointment, the lowest turnout in 16 years. And those no-shows were important. Mr. Trump won the state by just 27,000 voters.

Milwaukee’s lowest-income neighborhoods offer one explanation for the turnout figures. Of the city’s 15 council districts, the decline in turnout from 2012 to 2016 in the five poorest was consistently much greater than the drop seen in more prosperous areas — accounting for half of the overall decline in turnout citywide.

The biggest drop was here in District 15, a stretch of fading wooden homes, sandwich shops and fast-food restaurants that is 84 percent black. In this district, voter turnout declined by 19.5 percent from 2012 figures, according to Neil Albrecht, executive director of the City of Milwaukee Election Commission. It is home to some of Milwaukee’s poorest residents and, according to a 2015 documentary, “Milwaukee 53206,” has one of the nation’s highest per-capita incarceration rates.

At Upper Cutz, a bustling barbershop in a green-trimmed wooden house, talk of politics inevitably comes back to one man: Barack Obama. Mr. Obama’s elections infused many here with a feeling of connection to national politics they had never before experienced. But their lives have not gotten appreciably better, and sourness has set in.

“We went to the beach,” said Maanaan Sabir, 38, owner of the Juice Kitchen, a brightly painted shop a few blocks down West North Avenue, using a metaphor to describe the emotion after Mr. Obama’s election. “And then eight years happened.”

All four barbers had voted for Mr. Obama. But only two could muster the enthusiasm to vote this time. And even then, it was a sort of protest. One wrote in Mrs. Clinton’s Democratic opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The other wrote in himself.

“I’m so numb,” said Jahn Toney, 45, who had written in Mr. Sanders. He said no president in his lifetime had done anything to improve the lives of black people, including Mr. Obama, whom he voted for twice. “It’s like I should have known this would happen. We’re worse off than before.”

But Mr. Obama did do something important: “He did give black people something to aspire to. That’s a lot. I’m happy my son was able to see a black president.”

Mr. Fleming, 47, who has been trimming hair, beards and mustaches for 30 years, had hoped his small business would get easier to run. But it hasn’t.

“Give us loans, or a 401(k),” he said, trimming the mustache of Steve Stricklin, a firefighter from the neighborhood. His biggest issue was health insurance. Mr. Fleming lost his coverage after his divorce three years ago and has struggled to find a policy he could afford. He finally found one, which starts Monday but costs too much at $300 a month.

“Ain’t none of this been working,” he said. He did not vote.

Perhaps it was impolitic of Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s senior adviser, to praise conservative women like Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter by saying their leadership “would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children.”

“They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England,” he said in a 2011 radio interview.

Now the heads of Barnard College, Bryn Mawr College, Mount Holyoke College, the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University, Smith College, Vassar College and Wellesley College are asking the future senior White House adviser to “take a more expansive, informed and tolerant worldview.”

“Our alumnae are accomplished leaders in all spheres of public and professional life; they are committed to their work, their families and their countries. Now more than ever, we look to those who would lead the United States of America for a message of inclusion, respect and unity,” they wrote in an open letter to Mr. Bannon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/politics/donald-trump-transition.html?_r=0

Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead surged above 1.72 million on Sunday night, with millions of votes still to count. At 1.3 percentage points, she has built a lead not seen in a losing campaign since Rutherford B. Hayes’s bitterly disputed election of 1876.

The 2016 results have no such disputes, however. Mrs. Clinton’s lead keeps rising on her strength in California, where her margin stands at 29 percentage points, up from President Obama’s 23 percentage points 2012. She has failed to close the gap in any of the swing states that she lost, though Mr. Trump’s lead in Michigan has dwindled to 11,612 votes, a bad night in Tiger Stadium.

Florida certified its results on Sunday, sealing Mr. Trump’s margin of victory at 1.2 percentage points. Third-party candidates in Florida easily took enough votes to swing the results.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was found that Trump (and others) funded both third-party candidates.

Why? I'm sure Johnson got more votes from people who would otherwise vote Republican than people who would otherwise have voted Clinton.

Why? I'm sure Johnson got more votes from people who would otherwise vote Republican than people who would otherwise have voted Clinton.

I think they got more Democratic voters than you might think. A good share of the Sanders camp wouldn't vote for Clinton under any circumstances.

Reactions: CRI
Yes, he wasn't remotely qualified for the job. That doesn't seem to be a barrier to running for office or getting elected.
Qualifications or experience dont seem to be a prerequisite in getting a job in the trumpets cabinet, fawning admiration and greed are the main ingredients.
Buggerinhell, thanks to the ignorance and laziness of the American people the world is now a far more frightening place.
Yes, the Western world should have done more, but it was slapped in the face by American power when it tried.

Reactions: CRI
Some Trump voters listening to Richard Spencer:

lead_960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom