Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my prediction, Trump's outlined policies on economics put him in direct line to trade war with China, even if that doesn't happen, his plans for wealth tax cuts, financial deregulation will lead America directly into a recession. When that happens he'll blame immigrants and foreign governments for ruining the economy, that'll increase racist tension, which seeing as he's stated he'll bring back stop and frisk and he supports blue livesmatter will stoke up the right. And keep in mind this isn't the UK, those racists over in america have guns.

I think it's going to get incredibly ugly very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRI
Here's my predict, Trump's outlined policies on economics put him in direct line to trade war with China, even if that doesn't happen, his plans for wealth tax cuts, financial deregulation will lead America directly into a recession. When that happens he'll blame immigrants and foreign governments for ruining the economy, that'll increase racist tension, which seeing as he's stated he'll bring back stop and frisk and he supports blue livesmatter will stoke up the right. And keep in mind this isn't the UK, those racists over in america have guns.

I think it's going to get incredibly ugly very fast.
The worse, the better, as Lenin taught us.

OH GOD.

The worse, the better, as Lenin taught us.

OH GOD.

Yeah, there's enough white supremists out there embolded by Trump's victory, and angry AA who's lot is about to get much much worse, add in a recession if not a full blown world economic crash and you have a reciepe for a race war. I'll dig up the quote but Trump literally said he wants rioting in the streets in a 2014 interview.

And I'm sorry if anyone thinks Trump won't bring about a recession there is literally no point in continuing this chat,

It's mostly white men isn't it, that voted for him. White men whose jobs were taken away and given outside the US, for economic reasons.

Dig down deeper in the data, and you’ll see that Trump had a broad collation of white support. Nearly half, 49 percent, of white college graduates — who typically aren’t considered “working class” — voted for Trump.

And what about white women? Leading up to the election, many pollsters and pundits speculated that white women were shying away from Trump, especially in light of revelations that he once bragged about groping women without their consent.

Well, again, nearly half — 45 percent — of college-educated white women voted for Trump. That figure was 62 percent for non-college-educated white women.

That uncomfortable fact that Trump won amongst white college graduates really does show that something is wrong with the explanation that is all about class, doesn't it?
because obviously everyone who goes to college is educated, so they can't do dumb things :facepalm:

not to mention that you seem to be arguing no college graduates are working class. does that really hold water?

Depends where you are reading the stats really. I just saw something that detailed his voter template as White, rural and religious. What is clear across all the things I had seen though is that his voters were mainly men and he did far better with White, colleged educated men and women than anyone expected.

But ultimately, Donald Trump’s election victory was owed in large part to marshalling a share of the white vote not seen in a generation.

Trump computed 63 per cent among white men, according to CNN, with some of the best showings for men without a college education. He attracted a larger share of the white evangelical voters than an actual born-again Christian. According to Washington Post exit polls, 81 per cent of evangelicals sided with Trump — more than the 79 per cent they gave in 2004 to George W. Bush, himself an evangelical Christian.

And, perhaps most surprising, Trump claimed a majority of white women voters. According to CNN’s exit polls, roughly 53 per cent of white women voters went with Trump, while other polls had the ratio as high as 60 per cent.

Instead, as a writer for Quartz put it, “this election wasn’t lost to the men in their country; it was lost—and this is where it hurts the most—to the women, too.”

But only the white women. Women in general voted 54 per cent for Hillary Clinton, according to New York Times exit polls. But the lead was owed to black and Hispanic women flocking to the Democrats at rates of 80 to 90 per cent.

The white vote — women especially — propelled Trump to victory over the first woman running for president

Here's my predict...
Thanks for that. However since you seem to be of the opinion that GWB's No Child Left Behind Act was a 'good thing' I think we can all safely disregard your opinion on any issue related to American politics because you're either an idiot, a bullshitter or [most likely] both.

Edit - sorry 8den I misread your post being by 8ball!

Last edited:
Yeah, there's enough white supremists out there embolded by Trump's victory, and angry AA who's lot is about to get much much worse, add in a recession if not a full blown world economic crash and you have a reciepe for a race war. I'll dig up the quote but Trump literally said he wants rioting in the streets in a 2014 interview.

And I'm sorry if anyone thinks Trump won't bring about a recession there is literally no point in continuing this chat,
For the majority the recession/depression of 2008 never really ended. But otherwise, you've got a point. Damn you.

Thanks for that. However since you seem to be of the opinion that GWB's No Child Left Behind Act was a 'good thing' I think we can all safely disregard your opinion on any issue related to American politics because you're either an idiot, a bullshitter or [most likely] both.

I'm sorry, what?

Fuck sake, did he actually say that?

DT seemed a bit slurry when he started his speech, I thought maybe the kid had imbibed as well, he looked like he was going to chunder or collapse.

Young Trump was probably swooning at the thought of the Secret Service having to cover up all sorts of shit he can pull, like hunting humans. :hmm:

Isn't the right way to interpret that to say that slightly more people think a 1/3 bet on the Dems is better value than a 3/1 bet on the Reps? Ignoring the independents and seeing this as a two-horse race, those are quite short odds for the favourite. Also, assuming the numbers reflect the sizes of bets, the bookies look set to lose a lot if Trump wins. That suggests that the bookies themselves have a high level of confidence in a Clinton win.
no, it doesn't suggest anything of the sort. bookies' odds are affected by where the money goes, so a load of money on clinton means shorter odds on her.

Sorry, could somebody explain to me what No Child Left Behind Act was, please? I don't understand the wiki entry.

It's a failed Bush education policy. Out of curiosity I searched my user name and the act and I don't think I've ever talked about, it's a bizarre accusation to make.

It's a failed Bush education policy. Out of curiosity I searched my user name and the act and I don't think I've ever talked about, it's a bizarre accusation to make.

Hey; not saying you did - just don't understand the ins and outs of it. But not to worry; back to the topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom