Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own an iron?

Do you own an iron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, but for the last few years since I moved I have no idea where it is.

And I don't own an ironing board anyhow so the point is moot

:) :(

I do like a well ironed cotton shirt though, it is nice to be smart.

Though for me it is also rare

I know there is one somewhere, it was bought to do encaustic art tbh, proper old, flat no steam iron. Think it was last used to 'fix' wundaweb type stuff. Might be in the cupboard under the stairs. When I do use it I just iron stuff on a towel, no board needed.

I used to iron everything, even took an iron with me when I went to stay in France for three months. I used to find it kind of therapeutical, used to be quite OCD-ish about it. Now, I can't remember when I last ironed any clothes. There's an iron and ironing board that were sourced for a sewing project, because it's good to press some seams before you sew them, but they're in the tenants office.

Most clothes like shirts or dresses are fine so long as you give them a good shake when you take them out of the washing machine and hang them on a hanger to dry.

The thing I hated most about having a proper job was fucking having to iron a shirt the night before.

I then ended up ironing others washing for a living afterwards. I can do it, I'm quite good at it, but I fucking hate it.
You know you didn't need to iron it the night before

I think I might have one somewhere but life's too short.

If you have shirts for work or similar, don't use fabric conditioner and dry them on hangers and they won't need ironing.

Linen is horrible for wrinkling but it's going to wrinkle within 30 seconds of you putting it on so no point wasting time ironing the fucker.

I haven't ironed anything in more than 20 years.

Yes but only used when dress-making, MrsW that is. I can sew on a button or patch and that's it. Perhaps does a fancy outfit for a night out once a year too.

Yes but only used when dress-making, MrsW that is. I can sew on a button or patch and that's it. Perhaps does a fancy outfit for a night out once a year too.

Oh that is the one situation I think ironing is useful for, if you're sewing something you sometimes absolutely need to make sure the fabric is flat without creases. Good call.

Distinguish from golf club. Or tyre maybe :D

It's a lyric from an old song...

Any old iron? Any old iron?
Any, any, any old iron?
You look neat! Talk about a treat!
You look a dapper from your napper to your feet
Dressed in style with a brand new tile
And your father's old green tie on
I wouldn't give you tuppence for your old watch-chain
Old iron, old iron!

It's a lyric from an old song...

Any old iron? Any old iron?