Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do only sad losers still post on internet forums?

Honestly, I do think if, rather than trying to more 'relevant' and attracting a younger audience, FB would do better to just offer what it used to for a few quid a month to sad Gen-X losers like me, and Boomers as well. Times that by tens of millions of people a month and it'd be raking it in - but they've missed the boat because so many users will have fucked off by now.

Honestly, I do think if, rather than trying to more 'relevant' and attracting a younger audience, FB would do better to just offer what it used to for a few quid a month to sad Gen-X losers like me, and Boomers as well. Times that by tens of millions of people a month and it'd be raking it in - but they've missed the boat because so many users will have fucked off by now.

Thing is most people just won't pay and once a good number of people fuck off, then it becomes even less attractive. I know very few people who post on it these days and the few I do are still involved in outdoor education and mostly doing it a self promotional kind of way to show what they've been up to. I mostly use it look a shit memes and niche groups.

I mean surely all “normal” people just post on Facebook? Internet web forums still exist, but their clientele is going down hill.
PistonHeads and UKPunting are two of the biggest forums in the UK and they are full of the saddest bastards known to mankind. Mumsnet is full of incredibly sad women and transphobia.
Digital Spy is full of morons.
Urban75 is probably the best forum, but it is losing posters.
Well go back to Facebook. Bye!

Instagram I can't see the point of - I tried to see if it would act as a replacement for FB (and I do post photos from holidays, day trips etc) but couldn't find anyone I know on there and it's basically like FB in terms of most of feed being algorithm-driven
If you press where it says instagram in the top left of the screen you can go to a separate feed of just accounts you follow

Facebook is dead, my guess would be Reels represents its only growth sector with Meta finding far more success via Instagram, mainly because it's aping the vastly greater success of TikTok. Forums on the other hand are very much back tbh, they're just taking the form of live-response, highly localised setups like Discord.
I've noticed that my Facebook feed is now mostly Reels and also notifications from groups, hardly any posts from friends any more.

Thing is most people just won't pay and once a good number of people fuck off, then it becomes even less attractive. I know very few people who post on it these days and the few I do are still involved in outdoor education and mostly doing it a self promotional kind of way to show what they've been up to. I mostly use it look a shit memes and niche groups.
Yeah, the main problem is that you'd need all our at least a good chunk of your contacts to be willing to pay for it.

But all is this 'enshittification' of social media is a problem of starting off free and therefore the old 'if you're not paying for it you are the product' issue.

I know the square root of fuck all about facebook or twitter or any of the others. I simply assume they are an advertising money making vehicle for billionaires who I dislike.
I like discussion forums, and Urban does not carry advertising as far as I can work out, and speaking entirely personally "Your Daily Cat and Kitten News' is my safe space on the internet and I love it.
I couldn't care less if that makes me a sad loser.

I think it's true though at least of Urban75. Without going into stereotypes, there's a large number of people who post or who have posted on the various ADHD/ASD/neurodivergent threads saying they are or suspect they are.

I think it’s true of other forums as well. It’s not odd that this particular mode of community interaction appeals particularly to people who are ND.

I think it's true though at least of Urban75. Without going into stereotypes, there's a large number of people who post or who have posted on the various ADHD/ASD/neurodivergent threads saying they are or suspect they are.
Who'd have thought a site where you can be sociable on a dip in dip out basis but take a minute to compose your responses and be really clear about what you mean and you don't have to make eye contact with anyone while you do it would be popular with neurodivergent people :hmm:

Who'd have thought a site where you can be sociable on a dip in dip out basis but take a minute to compose your responses and be really clear about what you mean and you don't have to make eye contact with anyone while you do it would be popular with neurodivergent people :hmm:

There's a dopamine rush angle as well for the ADHD side. The thing is that this all true of social media in general, so I wonder if it's just a function of neurodivergent people being more online.

Yebbut...seems a bit sus when some faux-controversial pretend n00b starts chucking generalisations like that around...

I mean surely all “normal” people just post on Facebook? Internet web forums still exist, but their clientele is going down hill.
PistonHeads and UKPunting are two of the biggest forums in the UK and they are full of the saddest bastards known to mankind. Mumsnet is full of incredibly sad women and transphobia.
Digital Spy is full of morons.
Urban75 is probably the best forum, but it is losing posters.

Sad loser here! I still post on internet forums. As do you.

Back
Top Bottom