Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Diane Abbott suspended as Labour MP.

Newsnight have decided to interview the Black Farmer on this (in his capacity as a former Tory candidate).
Wilfed says this is a case of race being weaponised.
His beef seems to be that this has only now blown up over a 2019 non-public meeting.

I could go on - but possibly the interview will pop up on YouTube?
Fuck me sideways! I've just watched on catch up. Farmer twatbag basically said things were different then (2019).
Then goes on to say people just get words wrong like ' nig*er in the woodpile', which he doesn't find really offensive. Victoria Derbyshire apologised to viewers because people out there would've been offended. Totally gobsmacked by what I've just witnessed.

That whole 'the climate was very different 5 years ago' thing utterly fucks me off. No, no it wasn't. It was racist and misogynistic and completely unacceptable then and it's racist and misogynistic and completely unacceptable now.

Seem to recall they trotted the same thing out when a Tory MP was accused of sexual assault/harassment of a member of staff (using that minimising term 'handsy' of course too :rolleyes::mad:).

That whole 'the climate was very different 5 years ago' thing utterly fucks me off. No, no it wasn't. It was racist and misogynistic and completely unacceptable then and it's racist and misogynistic and completely unacceptable now.

Seem to recall they trotted the same thing out when a Tory MP was accused of sexual assault/harassment of a member of staff (using that minimising term 'handsy' of course too :rolleyes::mad:).

I had a little joke to myself about that. But thought surely no one would actually use it out loud. I mean it’s five years ago. It’s bad enough when people say oh yes very different well 20 years ago. No racism wasn’t fine in 2004. But five years. These cretins are just taking the piss.

Obviously, no amount of political embarrassment is worth returning £10m to mitigate, but this will scare off a lot of Tory donors with skeletons in the cupboard, and hopefully will persuade Hester that he is better off spending his loot on cakes in future.

Just out of interest, do we know how this prick got all the millions of pounds of NHS business. I mean, it's not like he's well-connected or greases palms, is it?

Public procurement is stochastic more often than it is corrupt. And I think that his main business is with GPs, who are independent entrepreneurs, although the NHS approves the products they are allowed to buy. Basically, he got lucky.

I had a little joke to myself about that. But thought surely no one would actually use it out loud. I mean it’s five years ago. It’s bad enough when people say oh yes very different well 20 years ago. No racism wasn’t fine in 2004. But five years. These cretins are just taking the piss.
It makes you want to hate all rich white people. </s>

what a businessman though!

Pretax profits of £48million on a turnover of £76million in 21/22, although down to a mere £40m on £80m turnover the following year. All our. money, of course.
I assume your figures are fictitious. This is what he filed most recently at Companies House. Going concern - dependent on continued support of the director...black farmer.jpg

Public procurement is stochastic more often than it is corrupt. And I think that his main business is with GPs, who are independent entrepreneurs, although the NHS approves the products they are allowed to buy. Basically, he got lucky.
massive covid contract will have helped too

During the pandemic, TPP was reported to have won a six-figure Government contract to supply data on vaccine uptake levels at GP practices in England.

massive covid contract will have helped too

During the pandemic, TPP was reported to have won a six-figure Government contract to supply data on vaccine uptake levels at GP practices in England.

That comes with incumbency of course - presumably EMIS got the same deal.

I don't really understand this. Vaccination data -- and lots of other health data -- used to be compiled by PCTs (as were) and provided to the Department of Health in mandatory monthly returns, covering all GPs in the PCT, data from district nurses, hospitals etc. Presumably the PCT replacements are still compiling/submitting this data so not sure why a separate contractor would be needed..?

I don't really understand this. Vaccination data -- and lots of other health data -- used to be compiled by PCTs (as were) and provided to the Department of Health in mandatory monthly returns, covering all GPs in the PCT, data from district nurses, hospitals etc. Presumably the PCT replacements are still compiling/submitting this data so not sure why a separate contractor would be needed..?

Depends on the latency and cadence of the PCT data returns versus what could be scraped from GP information systems. It doesn’t strike me as remarkable or obviously wasteful.

Depends on the latency and cadence of the PCT data returns versus what could be scraped from GP information systems. It doesn’t strike me as remarkable or obviously wasteful.
The PCT data comes from GP systems (among other places) so presumably this would be exactly the same data. And while the returns may be monthly, there's no reason why the data couldn't be retrieved more frequently, especially given the information analysts who work on this stuff presumably wouldn't be compiling lots of the other standard returns during Covid because lots of standard health activities just weren't happening.

The PCT data comes from GP systems (among other places) so presumably this would be exactly the same data. And while the returns may be monthly, there's no reason why the data couldn't be retrieved more frequently, especially given the information analysts who work on this stuff presumably wouldn't be compiling lots of the other standard returns during Covid because lots of standard health activities just weren't happening.

But the existing process may well have required re-keying and analysis that needed trained people on both sides, who would have been in very short supply both in PCTs (although presumably of course these were CCGs or even ICSs by this point) and in GPs. COBRA must have been screaming for daily figures.

Spokesperson for Hoyle said:
During prime minister’s questions, the speaker must select MPs from either side of the house on an alternating basis for fairness.

This takes place within a limited timeframe, with the chair prioritising members who are already listed on the order paper.

This week – as is often the case – there was not enough time to call all members who wanted to ask a question.
:rolleyes:

Keir Starmer approached Diane Abbott, conversation overhead went like this:

“Let me know if there’s anything I can do”

“You could restore the whip”

“I understand just let me know if there’s anything..”

“Restore the whip”

“I understand”
Fucking slimeball.

Back
Top Bottom