Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

If anyone has a spare programme from today that they'd be kind enough to pop in post to me,please inbox me so I can ping you the money

I can’t work out what the right word is to describe how Chana Hinds runs the defence. “Bossing it” carries the right level of control and authority, but implies lots of effort, and she makes it look so effortless. Whatever the word is though, it’s an understatement. What a player.

I can’t work out what the right word is to describe how Chana Hinds runs the defence. “Bossing it” carries the right level of control and authority, but implies lots of effort, and she makes it look so effortless. Whatever the word is though, it’s an understatement. What a player.
I couldn’t agree more. She’s been A rock at the heart of our defence all season and as you say makes it look so effortless. I’ve already made her my player of the season.

Dominated the match today, but failed to make many chances and lead 3-1 for much of second half. Mia pulled of a stunning save and then punched one into own net to make it 3-2 to Hamlet and a nervy final ten minutes, but we held on for three points. Incredibly that was the last home league match of the season. We are at home in the Cup next Sunday, and then could be further home cup matches, but all league games are now away.

Also discovered that we are away on Wednesday night at Ashford Town (Middx) near Heathrow in the second round of the Combined Counties League midweek challenge cup.

7th in the league, according to Pitchero.

6 games to go. All away from home.

Sunday's cup game is the last one at CH this season.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but great to see Monki & DHFCW on DAZN:

First time I’ve seen that. Wonderful to see the depth of women’s football represented here though does make me feel a tad old to realise that Katie Chapman played for Arsenal that long ago! The Dulwich connections go a bit future than Lucy & the team with Vic Akers, father of former Hamlet stalwart Lee, featured and referee JJ Roble who refereed the Stonewall game. Had the privilege of doing some filming for a women’s football promo with her, she is a genuine delight. More referees should be like her!

I've not sen any women's games but am interested to know why we've not done nearly as well this season. Can anyone fill me in?

I've not sen any women's games but am interested to know why we've not done nearly as well this season. Can anyone fill me in?
The topic of much debate at games this year. General consensus among those I chat to is it’s part other teams improving as the game continues to take off, and part our players going backwards a bit through a mix of age, injury, loss of form.
That’s not that definitive / precise I know, but it’s the best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom