Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Tickets for the next game on sale now against Ashford Town, who are currently topping the league.

Is it common for women's teams to have reserve teams in the pyramid?

I think I'd be a bit miffed if the Hamlet women's first team were pipped to the title by bigger teams reserve side.

Is it common for women's teams to have reserve teams in the pyramid?

I think I'd be a bit miffed if the Hamlet women's first team were pipped to the title by bigger teams reserve side.
If Hamlet women’s reserves won that League but couldn’t be promoted, would the promotion pass to the second placed team? If not that would definitely be cause for being miffed.

I believe promotion would pass to the second placed club, subject to them meeting any other relevant criteria.

The presence of reserve teams is not uncommon as they have nowhere else to play, that I am aware of. The FA are trying to drive the women's game from teams to clubs. As more reserve teams appear I'm sure they'll look to establish a more suitable structure.

As an aside, Walton Casuals played in the Suburban League against the likes of DH Reserves for years. They were league members before it become a reserve
team league and stuck around. That was sorted out eventually, I'm sure they'll look to do the same in the women's pyramid.

Good game today. Final score 1-1. Hamlet hit that cross bar at the end but Ashford missed a series of sitters.
First points the opposition have dropped all season? Just one team going up from the division will be a tough ask though.

Pics from Sunday's match

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet hold league leaders Ashford Town to 1-1 draw, Sun 17th Oct 2021

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet hold league leaders Ashford Town to 1-1 draw, Sun 17th Oct 2021

Lovely bit of autumn sunshine. Shame the team could have played a week without scoring. One of those days.

Last edited:
They play in the league above (i think). They were originally Leyton Orient before they had to rename. Not 100% sure why the reserves had to play. Only reason I can think of is the reserve team were still in the draw and we drew them over the first team.
Article by the BBC that explains what went on at LOFC if anyone's interested

London Seaward's first team are also in this competition (first round fixtures here)

Not sure what would've happened if they drew each other, but West Didsbury & Chorlton Women did play against their own reserves in a competitive match recently

If anyone is curious how London Seaward's firsts compare to their reserves, we get the semi-scientific chance to find out on Sunday November 21st, when they visit Champion Hill in a separate cup competition

London Seaward's first team are also in this competition (first round fixtures here)

Not sure what would've happened if they drew each other, but West Didsbury & Chorlton Women did play against their own reserves in a competitive match recently

If anyone is curious how London Seaward's firsts compare to their reserves, we get the semi-scientific chance to find out on Sunday November 21st, when they visit Champion Hill in a separate cup competition
In the interests of science I think we should insist on the same DHFC starting XI.

Back
Top Bottom