Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Really must drag myself to a womens game soon. I rather think I'd enjoy it more than the men's side atm. Do we have any Kent based away trips?

Really must drag myself to a womens game soon. I rather think I'd enjoy it more than the men's side atm. Do we have any Kent based away trips?
Dartford and Aylesford are both in our division but those away fixtures are not among the six currently scheduled between now and early November.

Fixtures listed in yesterday's programme are:

12 September Saltdean (A)
26 September Dartford (H)
3 October Herne Bay (H, FA Cup)
10 October Ashford Town (A)
31 October New London Lionesses (A)
7 November Fulham (H)

Really great achievement re the attendances
by far the best for all but top Super League
Sure we could get over 300 by mid season
and 500 doesn't seem unreasonable if we tapped into local schools

I guess the problem those building for games face is the cancelling and rescheduling

think Liams photo's are great and helping build a cool look for the team

https://twitter.com/TalkingWoSo
@TalkingWoSo
Busts in silhouette ATTENDANCES | Regional (Tiers 5 & 6) A few standout crowds in Tiers 5 and 6 on 05.09.21:

@DHFC_W v Denham United: 284
@LincolnUtdWFC v Borrowash Victoria: 194
@StourbridgeLFC v Kidderminster Harriers: 182

Incredible numbers through the gate - well done all.
Sparkles

·

Busts in silhouette
ATTENDANCES | #FAWNLPremier Divisions Biggest recorded crowds in Tier 3 on 05.09.21:
@WolvesWomen
v Nottingham Forest: 392
@PompeyWomen
v Keynsham Town: 173
@FyldeWomenFC
v Hull City: 150
@btafcwomen
v Middlesbrough: 135
@WBAWomen
v Sheffield FC: 125

Great result
Another Monki classic
This season could well be a defining season in consolidating and building a bigger fan base before launching into another division

First time seen the women's team struggle against opponents
however in the last 10 mins really pilled it on, but all too late
hopefully lessons learnt
fantastic attendance and good atmosphere
fans a credit even when 4-0 down still getting behind the team

Last edited:
Dartford are a good team, and have been helped by playing five Sunday’s in a row, whereas our season has been stop start. The game was won by individual errors on our part. If we can cut out those mistakes and get some rhythm going we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Dartford are a good team, and have been helped by playing five Sunday’s in a row, whereas our season has been stop start. The game was won by individual errors on our part. If we can cut out those mistakes and get some rhythm going we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.
Dartford were the better team over 90 minutes but the Hamlet fought back well from four goals down. It's annoying that this silly postponement wild card has possibly cost us a close contest through lack of preparation.

Out of interest, does the AFC Phoenix FA Cup record count towards the DHFC record? How far have we reached in the competition?

I'm sure the first DHWFC did play in the FA Cup. Home FA Cup games were played at Champion Hill, unlike their league games. I did proggies for those matches, they sometimes turn up on eBay.

I think they were knocked out in the first round they entered one year and won one match the other season. I seem to recall a hammering by Hackney at home.

Personally I don't see how any cup run by Phoenix can be included as by Dulwich Hamlet. It can be counted as the best run by AFC Phoenix/DHWFC but not as the best run by DHWFC as a standalone entity. It was Phoenix who entered, not DH.

Back
Top Bottom