Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Gutted to see they got the bump and not DHWFC, can't help think if we had a full season of fans that would have made a difference to the result.

Also if I've read this right it looks like they've added New London Lionesses, Worthing & Millwall Lionesses to our league for next season.

I can only think it's because of their associated men's team being bigger.

And yup, looks like we'll be having a bigger league. There's still some other movements in the pyramid to be announced, but I don't think there's going to be anything at our level.

Dulwich did not get promoted. QPR did.

I can't see any explanation for how these decisions were made. Personally I don't think anyone should have been promoted on so few fixtures being completed this season. We had to be patient to see our men's team get promoted during the last decade with all those play-off defeats, ultimately I feel we were better equipped to flourish at the higher level once we arrived, so hopefully our women's team can win undisputed promotion next season and take the next level by storm the year after.

I can't see any explanation for how these decisions were made. Personally I don't think anyone should have been promoted on so few fixtures being completed this season. We had to be patient to see our men's team get promoted during the last decade with all those play-off defeats, ultimately I feel we were better equipped to flourish at the higher level once we arrived, so hopefully our women's team can win undisputed promotion next season and take the next level by storm the year after.
I think it's more of a restructuring of the leagues then a straight promotion.

I think it's more of a restructuring of the leagues then a straight promotion.
I still don't see the urgency to proceed with a restructuring when the entire season has been completely disrupted. Presumably some sort of merit has been considered in deciding which teams move up a level? I'd like to see the reasoning clearly explained. Is it down to results across two partially completed seasons, or is it down to other criteria?

On points per game over the last two seasons Hamlet come out on top 2.294 v 2.267. On goal difference across those games it's +31 Dulwich versus +8 QPR.
QPR will have got credit for reaching the final of the League Cup but surely Hamlet scores on facilities with games being played at Champion Hill.

Last edited:
If it's been decided on junior infrastructure that needs to be made very clear. Were clubs made aware in advance that promotion could be decided on those
The FA have been trying to drive women's football towards clubs not teams for a while. Both on grounds of increasing participation opportunities and to stop teams vanishing when a couple of key people step down - see the first DHWFC for a good example.

I doubt the fact a full age group club set up would score extra criteria points over an adult only set up would have been a total surprise to those involved.

The exact criteria and weighting would only have been made public for this restructure once it was launched so how big a disadvantage that was probably not known.

The FA have been trying to drive women's football towards clubs not teams for a while. Both on grounds of increasing participation opportunities and to stop teams vanishing when a couple of key people step down - see the first DHWFC for a good example.

I doubt the fact a full age group club set up would score extra criteria points over an adult only set up would have been a total surprise to those involved.

The exact criteria and weighting would only have been made public for this restructure once it was launched so how big a disadvantage that was probably not known.
My main point is that presumably we would have been promoted if the season had been played to a finish and we'd finished top. Or would we have been refused for failing to meet criteria? If the FA wishes to impose strict criteria for promotion, fine. (Enough men's clubs have crashed and burned thanks to irresponsible management and ultimately that's damaging for the entire game, with more deserving rivals cheated out of promotion places.) What I don't like is the apparent ad hoc decision to decide promotion on a different basis after the season started.

Hopefully Dulwich can start expanding the infrastructure in the coming years and maybe look at sides of the women’s game that aren’t catered for by these all-embracing League clubs. I’ve just joined a club in East London, mainly to get myself fit again after recent years but hopefully to play again if selected, where the ethos is based on inclusivity with a range of females, ages & abilities catered for.

Eastbourne Town dropping out of the league due to player shortage.
One less coastal awayday 😢

That’s a real shame as Eastbourne is a nice away day but the women’s team has strong history if I remember rightly… Hopefully a replacement side can come forward to fill the gap 🤞

That’s a real shame as Eastbourne is a nice away day but the women’s team has strong history if I remember rightly… Hopefully a replacement side can come forward to fill the gap 🤞
Was appointed to one of their matches in the last couple of incomplete seasons. Nice people running the club with a lot of enthusiasm. Like a number of other teams in the league their side was young, and I think many were students. Making an assumption here, but I suspect that a number of players may have come to the end of their studies. Coupled with the travel problems associated with covid, and the subsequent lack of matches, I am not surprised they have been struggling to find players.

Wishing them good luck for the future

Was appointed to one of their matches in the last couple of incomplete seasons. Nice people running the club with a lot of enthusiasm. Like a number of other teams in the league their side was young, and I think many were students. Making an assumption here, but I suspect that a number of players may have come to the end of their studies. Coupled with the travel problems associated with covid, and the subsequent lack of matches, I am not surprised they have been struggling to find players.

Wishing them good luck for the future
Definitely true… The thing is sticking with it though as far as I can make out this isn’t the end of ET they’re just dropping down to a level compatible with rebuilding the team. With a student base there is always going to be that turnover of players but by ensuring that year one players get the same opportunities as year 3/4 then the impact should be diminished. My team had a similar problem with a number of students & exiles but they have an incredible base of players, nearly 200 at the last count, covering a range of ages & abilities…

Wednesday's game is off, as unlike our fearless leader the teams are isolating after a positive result.

Didn't catch her name but one of our women's team's players (or ex-players?) was a contestant on The Void on ITV on Saturday night. They briefly flashed up a picture of her in her Hamlet kit on screen.

Back
Top Bottom