Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

deus ex: human revolution

http://www.youtube.com/deusexofficial

can i just be the first to say

IT'S FUCKING GHOST IN THE SHELL!!!!

the walking robots the VTOL stuff the cyborgs who can turn in visible... the whole questioning of humanity vs the machine hacking people

it's mother fucking ghost in the shell

it even has the same brown colour the used in a lot of the second film

Yeah but assuming its going to be similar to Deus Ex, its Ghost in the shell been buggered by the Da vinci code and as a result isn't nearly as good as GITS though its still a perfectly enjoyable environ/story for a computer game.

The only GITS thing I want to see is more GITS and preferably another Stand Alone Complex series rather than a dull film.

Plus walkers, human - machine philosophy etc.. boooring. Point me in the direction of the cyborg lesbian police hackers and we have a comparison.

also it will be difficult to live up to the first game

it looks like the enviroment is good for a wide reviatyu of game plays... become a cyborg killing machine and upgrade weapons and strengh or upgrade your stelth gain invisibility and other stelth shit or become a hacker be a pupet master and use those around you as your tools

could be an awesome game

it just so happens to have nicked all it coolest stuff from GITS although yes there is probably less tits and lesbianism... but then it was only really masamune shirow who was into tits and yuri oshii took out a load of the fun stuff

Hmmmm. Looks good - but reminded me of Mirror's Edge; the same style and slickness, but was ultimately shallow. Hope it isn't, but don't have great faith. I think the intricacy of PC-based gameplay allowed Deus Ex to be excellent, and I don't see how it'll be replicated for a broader audience, but then I'm not much of a console gamer.

When ghost in the shell came out I was deep in the throws of an anime/manga obsession. Even back then I thought it was shit.

Ghost in the Shell didn't invent cyberpunk

no it didn't

but this is so very very close to GITS it would be very very strange if it was pure coincidence

admitedly it is possible as they are in the same genra but this looks so close to something out of SAC it's shocking

When ghost in the shell came out I was deep in the throws of an anime/manga obsession. Even back then I thought it was shit.

it has it's flaws certainly

the pacing is really wierd and many of the plot elements arn't really that well fleshed out but it is intresting i think i may prefere the second movie to the first though

and the tv series is rairly good... gives more depth to the charactors and is a lot closer to the manga

I always thought the first Deus Ex was pretty GITS, though maybe that's to do with having played and read them at the same time and because they're both about mysterious cyberpunk government agents and betrayal and stuff. Cyborg invisibility is quite GITS, I'll grant you, it normally only appears in space fantasy otherwise... the rest doesn't seem to be particularly connected.

I never really got on with the GITS manga by the way. I've never liked the comedy bits (which don't appear in the films) and Shirow's philosophical elements either don't translate well, make no fucking sense, or both. I'm tempted by "make no fucking sense" as they're puzzling even in other series.

Hmmmm. Looks good - but reminded me of Mirror's Edge; the same style and slickness, but was ultimately shallow. Hope it isn't, but don't have great faith. I think the intricacy of PC-based gameplay allowed Deus Ex to be excellent, and I don't see how it'll be replicated for a broader audience, but then I'm not much of a console gamer.

I loved Mirror's Edge, for the most part. But it's a very different kettle of fish to what Deus Ex should be.

Shippy: this game is being produced by Square Enix, don't know if that's a possible reason it reminds you of anime stuff.

Overall i'm cautiously optimistic. I don't realistically think it can be better than the original, but Deus Ex 2 left a vast amount of room for improvement (although I thought it had elements that worked very well).

it has it's flaws certainly

the pacing is really wierd and many of the plot elements arn't really that well fleshed out but it is intresting i think i may prefere the second movie to the first though

and the tv series is rairly good... gives more depth to the charactors and is a lot closer to the manga

I thought the second film was supposed to be even worse. Not seen it so I can't really comment.
I think I still have a boxed GITS doll in the attic. Actually I probably have a whole load of boxed toys (in another very big box) in the attic. I can't remember which ones I sold and which I kept. Could be interesting (for five minutes).

I hope the voice acting is still as bad. The guy trying to say 'biomechanical augmentation' in a Chinese accent in the original is priceless.

I loved Mirror's Edge, for the most part. But it's a very different kettle of fish to what Deus Ex should be..
Yeah - I liked the gameplay quite a lot, and for what it was, I thought it was very well executed. Still, there was no depth. I can't even remember the story.

The best bits of Mirror's Edge were the additional free running levels - looked amazing, and focussed on the bit of the game that was actually good i.e .not the combat

Looking forward to this. Just placed my pre-order (although I'll be out of the country when it comes out, it'll be waiting for me on my return).

I know someone who played the leaked preview build and loved every minute of it. I haven't played the previous incarnations, so it'll be new to me, but I love what I've seen so far of this. I love any game that gives me the option of choosing how to complete things, and I'll no doubt go down the stealthy-stealthy route to begin with, with a healthy amount of from-the-shadows assassination killing stuff.

the real key will be how much you can roam.

the old game felt almost sandbox like in places

this one could go eother way. it might give you choices but if both choices end up being fairly liner it will be disapointing

P.S. you're a kallen fan?

Looking forward to this. Just placed my pre-order (although I'll be out of the country when it comes out, it'll be waiting for me on my return).

I know someone who played the leaked preview build and loved every minute of it. I haven't played the previous incarnations, so it'll be new to me, but I love what I've seen so far of this. I love any game that gives me the option of choosing how to complete things, and I'll no doubt go down the stealthy-stealthy route to begin with, with a healthy amount of from-the-shadows assassination killing stuff.

Ive got the pre-build but not sure how polished it is, does you mate think its worth dipping in or waiting til next week ?

i didn't actually finish the second season

it did give rise to one of my favourite AMV though. it explains what happens if you cross a normal love comedy with code geas

Back
Top Bottom