Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Decent tasting decaffeinated coffee grounds/beans?

Most decaff ground coffee (as opposed to instant) tastes fine nowadays, once you forget it is decaff. I'm sure it's just a mental thing. I like decaff coffee before bed sometimes.

So I bought Tesco Decaf Strength 4 ground coffee (they didn't have beans). It's alright but markedly worse than what I've been used to - but I always noticed the difference between ground and freshly ground).

I'm looking at their tres artisanal website now but there doesn't seem any French-roasts type stuff available

What do you class as French Roast, what kind of taste you looking for? I know the people that run Rave including their new production manager and their beans are well regarded on the decaf side.

James Gourmet Decaf is pretty decent as well (and priced nicely) they have been going for years James Gourmet Decaf

Black Cat (run by a chap called Dave) do a nice one and a 50:50 decaf for people who do not want to take all the caf our their coffee

Decaf from Frontline Coffee

I'm about to give this a try, since it's on sale for January, & I like the company.

The decaf is a medium roast, though, and I suspect what I really want is a dark roast decaf, if such a thing exists.

Our Story.
Founded in 2018, we are a firefighter run and owned coffee company roasting speciality coffee supporting frontline charities. We have raised over £20,000 for charities that support the people of our emergency and health services so far and strive to become a valuable fundraising asset to these charities as we continue to grow.

Back
Top Bottom