Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Thread #1 - Road & TT

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
In this thread we get to discuss things of a non-British interest as I can;t see GB coming close to a medal.

So whose going to win the Time Trial (Schumacher?) and the Road Race (no clue)?

Schumacher looked damn good in the TdF, but I reckon Evans might have the bit between his teeth after what happened on the penultimate stage. Is Cancellara riding it?

Schumacher looked damn good in the TdF, but I reckon Evans might have the bit between his teeth after what happened on the penultimate stage. Is Cancellara riding it?

Schumacher is out for a new contract though isn't he and should have great form after the tour so I think he might do it. Or Cancellara as he missed out in the tour, and i like him :D

What's the RR course like? A Cancellara double win? That would be :cool:

I heard that Jennie Longo had made the French team, she must be nearly 50 by now, incredible rider. I'd love to see Nicole do something, she's always so tightly marked in the RR though. Go Nicole!

I suppose there are many answers to this (wanting to make sure of a track win, not having a great team around him etc) but I would have thought Cavendish would have had a great chance in a bunch sprint.

Anyone know if he ever considered the event?

Men's RR is on Freeview 1 (go to BBC1 and press the RED button) from 4am-10.30 this morning.

Off to bed soon and hope to catch an hour or so at the end.

SW- you were up early specifically for the road race? :)

I salute you!

I dont envy them those conditions AT ALL.

Back
Top Bottom