Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Don't forget Shanaze: yet another gold in the cycling tomorrow by our BIGGEST STAR

Interesting. Not prepared to take any responsibility by the sounds of it.

When my son was racing if he ever complained about the track I told him it was the same for everyone.
To be fair, that was only a quote in the Mail. The point I suspect is that it neutralised her main advantage - her explosive start. No excuse for making it up as you go along rather than thinking about it in advance - but I'm guessing she's never been in a field quite that well prepared before.

She's got bags of talent - it's just still very raw. But then she got to the top on her own - she competed in her first World Championship on wheels she found in a skip, ffs! Give her a bit of time to absorb the lessons from this Olympics and she should mature into one hell of an athlete.

But then she got to the top on her own - she competed in her first World Championship on wheels she found in a skip, ffs!
:confused:

maybe a skip at the back of a bike shop

remeber the Graeme Obree washing machine bike?
turns out it was a little tiny part

:confused:

maybe a skip at the back of a bike shop
Probably. :D

It was one of those mini-biog meet Shanaze type articles. It was said in the context of her not having lost a race in forever apart from one where she was a close second and on wheels found in a skip. It was a couple of weeks ago now - I can't find it, given the prevalence of the word "skip" on webpages and google's inability to distinguish content from trimmings.

I think that's been embellished - it says in a few stories she bought her first BMX at ten years old for £1.

She'd be better suited to the pursuit. No tactics, no bike skills involved, just sheer power.
Team pursuit might not be an option.

She's certainly got bike skills though or she wouldn't have set the record time for the course which I think she did in the race she won... she'll be fine, she could have easily had a silver medal, she's got to be a favourite next time round... where's the issue?

She's certainly got bike skills though or she wouldn't have set the record time for the course which I think she did in the race she won... she'll be fine, she could have easily had a silver medal, she's got to be a favourite next time round... where's the issue?

was just sticking up for the wonderful Ms P and reacting a bit to the hyperbole of the OP

Back
Top Bottom