Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales wins its first Gold

The OP reads quite nationalistic.

You have completely missed the point.

She is Welsh, normally a welsh sports person, even if competeing for GB will take a Welsh flag with them on their celebration. Welsh competitors have been banned from doing so at this Olympics.

OK then I concede the medal should be shared between Wales and Switzerland. Team GB have nothing to do with it.

What a silly statement, shes an integral part of Team GB :confused:

And yes, the people of Lugano should be proud that shes won a gold.

You have completely missed the point.

She is Welsh, normally a welsh sports person, even if competeing for GB will take a Welsh flag with them on their celebration. Welsh competitors have been banned from doing so at this Olympics.

I can see your point now and I also see the point of the IOC about flags.
For instance, if Georgia won a medal and the athlete was from South Osettia and wagged a Russian flag around the podium

Fucking brilliant. Don't quite know what happened to her going round that final corner, but boy did she have an engine going up that final straight.

Yes Nicole is Welsh, but she will no doubt be thanking Sharon Laws and particularly Emma Pooley, who's break on the second climb caught the breakway and no doubt took some of the sting from Cooke's main rival. It reminded me a bit of the Schlecks marking everyone as Sastre went on up Alpe d'Huez in the TdF.

Fucking brilliant. Don't quite know what happened to her going round that final corner, but boy did she have an engine going up that final straight.

Yes Nicole is Welsh, but she will no doubt be thanking Sharon Laws and particularly Emma Pooley, who's break on the second climb caught the breakway and no doubt took some of the sting from Cooke's main rival. It reminded me a bit of the Schlecks marking everyone as Sastre went on up Alpe d'Huez in the TdF.

She explained on an interview on one of the local stations down here that she had been out to the route several times over the last 12 months and knew where she was goning to attack on the hill to the finish so she knew she could take that last bend very easy without having to attack, and in the condition she wanted to make sure she was still on two wheels with the finish so close. I seem to recall something happening at the end of the race before where she either came off or crashed because of a bend and rain or something!

I can see your point now and I also see the point of the IOC about flags.
For instance, if Georgia won a medal and the athlete was from South Osettia and wagged a Russian flag around the podium

In one of the women's shooting events today, Russia got silver and Georgia got bronze :eek: they hugged and posed for photos after the medals :)

Nice one Nicole, pride of Wales and GB!

Well done Nicole

ffs typical replies here init

749px-Photo_of_Y_Ddraig_Goch.jpg

She explained on an interview on one of the local stations down here that she had been out to the route several times over the last 12 months and knew where she was goning to attack on the hill to the finish so she knew she could take that last bend very easy without having to attack, and in the condition she wanted to make sure she was still on two wheels with the finish so close. I seem to recall something happening at the end of the race before where she either came off or crashed because of a bend and rain or something!

I read this morning that her and Shane Sutton chose to go with very narrow tyres for that weather and so she had to be cautious round that bend.

Back
Top Bottom