Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Swimming gold for Team GB

It was all going well until the last leg of that iirc. Wouldn't have taken much to get the team qualified.

Perfectly avoidable disaster, same as the Frankie Gavin debacle.
They come in threes, no?

*braces self for Team GB 4x100m baton fuck up* ;)

*waves @Trippy* :)

Morning! Rebecca is just having an astonishing Games.

Double Olympic champion at 19 !!!!!

Her parents had to watch the 400m Freestyle from home because someone skanked them on their Olympic tickets!

Lovely that they were there this time to witness this feat.

Im so moved! :) :)

I can't believe she's nineteen :eek:

(and currently faster than my net connection - it's taken me since they first mentioned it to get to post this :mad: :()

I can't believe she's the best distance swimmer in history and the only female to win two golds in one game other than Kelly Holmes. That's pretty damn impressive.

I'm 24 in two days and I have a bronze swimming certificate :(

Apparently she was in Beijing 'for the experience' :eek:

Was Adrian Chiles serious when he mentioned Mansfield Town are having two minutes' cheering for her before their home game today?

"Queen, if you're watching, that's Dame Rebecca Adlington, two golds Rebecca Adlington, that's my best friend that is, I love her"

:D

Was Adrian Chiles serious when he mentioned Mansfield Town are having two minutes' cheering for her before their home game today?

It was a suggestion.

Well done Becky.

I so hope that is true :D

Bloody alarm didn't go off and so I missed the race :mad: Will catch it later on the highlights hopefully

Do we have any swimmers not from opp north - it's great stuff, but I wonder about the representation from the London area?

Back
Top Bottom