Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cross-platform posting: any recommended apps/services?

teuchter

je suis teuchter
I have a minor (non personal) Twitter account in the local history realm with a limited number of followers, that I have sort-of maintained for the past few years but increasingly I don't want to be involved with Twitter any more.

I'd like to move to something else but it's hard to judge what's the best venue and which ones aren't just going to come to a similar fate as Twitter.

So, I have thought, perhaps I should just post to several of them and see which ones stick. But the admin tedium of posting to multiple places puts me off, so I have been wondering if it's worth using one of those services where it automates some of that for you.

Does anyone out there use anything like that, that is worth trying?

WordPress will auto post updates to multiple platforms of your choice when you add a new blog post there. But that’s probably not quite what you’re looking for.

I know that people used to simul-post to Mastadon and TwitterX when I used Mastadon, but this was deemed bad practice by many Mastadon users (primarily because TwiX @s didn’t redirect on Mastadon). But I don’t know what service they used. I can indirectly attest it exists, though.

WordPress will auto post updates to multiple platforms of your choice when you add a new blog post there. But that’s probably not quite what you’re looking for.
That's possibly an alternative worth thinking about though. Have a central repository that's fully under my control.

But I don't think that would work for eg. Instagram (which is where some people doing similar stuff seem to be drifting towards) because it doesn't do links.

Hootsuite used to do something like this. No idea what it's like now though.
Much too expensive for what I want to do though.

That's possibly an alternative worth thinking about though. Have a central repository that's fully under my control.

But I don't think that would work for eg. Instagram (which is where some people doing similar stuff seem to be drifting towards) because it doesn't do links.
Threads does though

This looks like it might do what you need: Social Media Analytics and Publishing - Fedica (Formerly Tweepsmap)

I'm finding BlueSky by far the most useful of the Twitter alternatives
Thanks.
It looks like it can do lots of stuff that is way beyond what I need. But I can see that there's a free plan alongside the paid ones.

All I really want to do is put some images and text somewhere, and tell it to post that content to multiple platforms. It looks like I'll have to plough through their youtube videos to see if it can do something as straightforward as that without me needing to get buried too deep in the complexities of their system.

Thanks.
It looks like it can do lots of stuff that is way beyond what I need. But I can see that there's a free plan alongside the paid ones.

All I really want to do is put some images and text somewhere, and tell it to post that content to multiple platforms. It looks like I'll have to plough through their youtube videos to see if it can do something as straightforward as that without me needing to get buried too deep in the complexities of their system.
yeah it does loads you won't need, but does look like it lets you post to multiple platforms, for free.

Back
Top Bottom