Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cream or Custard

Cream or Custard

• Total voters

DotCommunist

So many particulars. So many questions.
You know, with a crumble or any other warm afters that would require this choice. I've done a poll to out the wrong people who worship the teat of the bovine.

icecream!
There is a slice of hot, fresh from the oven apple pie in front of you. It's been made by someones veteran of old school puddings gran. This thing is made with the finest of cooking apples, the pastry is perfect and is from a secret recipe only the family hand down from chef to chef. Its got a whiff of clove and everything. How could you defile that with vanilla ice cream :( monster

No custard is the only true sauce for pudding. And thats the other thing about custard that the mainstream media don't want us to know- when it goes cold it jellifies and is equally good then. Of course you won't hear about that on BBC news :rolleyes:

I made a crumble yesterday, but didn't get round to eating it until breakfast this morning. I had it with greek yoghurt, and very nice it was too.

There's a time for custard on crumble, but the day after the summer solstice probably isn't it.

I like double cream, so much so that I have been known to drink it (((my cholesterol levels))) I have done the same with custard, which I make with both milk and cream. And using milk/cream makes cows happy, look at the smile this one has:
images

(might be a bull which is why it is smiling, I suppose)

Tinned evaporated milk or custard was the option in my family when I was growing up, cream (whipped) came later (I'll still have evaporated milk *and* cream together if they're both offered). At home it depends if I can be arsed making custard or have a tin in, a tub of ice cream out of the freezer is usually quicker. Custard would be the choice if it was effort-neutral.

Depends on the pudding, time of day and appetite. Also, if someone else is making it.

If I'm being greedy (or very hungry /have some energetic work to do) then custard, ice cream and cream ...

it forms a skin, ffs.

one place i worked, a colleague decided to 'tilt test' his pud (something and custard), and managed to turn it upside down and it didn't fall out of the dish

:eek:

another place, the canteen was self service, and being the head office, we tended to get people in from local sites who didn't know how it all worked. one occasion, someone asked me where the custard was. since i was stood right next to the vat, i lifted the lid and offered "one lump or two?" - one of the catering staff was behind me and was not impressed

:facepalm: :D

I voted for cream but if there's mascarpone on offer that's what I usually go for. I never saw the point of custard apart from baby weaning.

I don't understand the point of cream. It's not sweet, it doesn't taste of anything, it adds nothing to a pudding, just blandifies it.

Back
Top Bottom