Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crap/Not Crap: The Cranberries

The Cranberries...

• Total voters
Kind of pissed off with two of you guys knocking Dolo repeatedly..Killer B and OU. .. you've made your points...and yet you keep trashing the band. Sort of shite considering last nights conversation and knowing who Dolo was to me personally since last night.
Proper trolling... and not a little weird.
I mean none of the band were pedophiles or shagging 15 yr olds.
And they were huge worldwide.
I kind of feel if they had been from the UK that OU and Killer B would have been saying they were fantastic.

There's a bit of begrudgery goong on that leads me to feel there's some distaste for an Irish band that did well...that came from nothing and went global very quickly.

They're not the best band ever. But they were not rubbish nor were they crap as one or two have kept posting...

Your taste may not stretch to liking them. Doesn't mean they were crap. It just means they were not to your taste.

Kind of pissed off with two of you guys knocking Dolo repeatedly..Killer B and OU. .. you've made your points...and yet you keep trashing the band. Sort of shite considering last nights conversation and knowing who Dolo was to me personally since last night.
I kind of feel if they had been from the UK that OU and Killer B would have been saying they were fantastic.

There's a bit of begrudgery goong on that leads me to feel there's some distaste for an Irish band that did well...that came from nothing and went global very quickly.
This is nonsense, sorry

They're not the best band ever. But they were not rubbish nor were they crap as one or two have kept posting...

Your taste may not stretch to liking them. Doesn't mean they were crap. It just means they were not to your taste.
you're actually deranged. piss off.

This is nonsense, sorry
I'd like to believe you but reading this thread has been upsetting purely because of the repeated criticism. I mean if posters dont like a band there's no need to keep on repeatedly saying they're crap.
And I am telling you that after I posted Dolo was related to me the trolling got worse.

She's dead.
Leave her be.
She was a genuinely lovely person who had a tough childhood and went through her adult life ttying to cope with having been sexually abused by a man in her community.
She had an incredible voice. Her live performances were really brilliant. No special effects no vocal manipulation...pure sound.

Anyway.. look...I may be sensitive about her. Maybe protective of her. She was really very soft hearted and kind. And she is missed.

TBH, I think if anything your feelings about DO'R, while perfectly understandable and perfectly OK to express in the way you have, might mean that your judgement about other posters not entirely favourable comments about the band she was in is a bit off.

Perhaps the the generally light-hearted and knockabout nature of an Urban "Crap/Not Crap" thread is not the best place for you to be if you're unable to recognise that other people's opinions are just that, other people's opinions, honestly expressed.

And this bit is completely out of order

Did you know her then? We really aren't trolling - just expressing our opinions on the kind of thread (crap/not crap) that is known for forthright pro- and anti- views.

It doesn't really work for me tbh. I've listened hard a few times but the moment of revelation never arrives.
When the Great Readjustment comes and it's time to punish the wronguns of today's society for their wrongun ways, I suspect you and your increasingly exposed poor musical taste are going to be high up the rankings.

I reckon the chopping list will go - in this order - TERFs, BTL landlords, anyone we can tenuously claim was Hitler Youth (anti-aircraft gun execution paid for by Richard Madeley), you for what will be described as "Enyaggravated crimes against The Cranberries", people who park on the pavement, others TBD.

When the Great Readjustment comes and it's time to punish the wronguns of today's society for their wrongun ways, I suspect you and your increasingly exposed poor musical taste are going to be high up the rankings.

I reckon the chopping list will go - in this order - TERFs, BTL landlords, anyone we can tenuously claim was Hitler Youth (anti-aircraft gun execution paid for by Richard Madeley), you for what will be described as "Enyaggravated crimes against The Cranberries", people who park on the pavement, others TBD.
I think you really need to work on that list :eek:. There are whole swathes of 'Enemies of the People' missing. :(

And yet at least two of us missed out on its lyrical content.

Huh? You knew it wasn't about zombies but about the Troubles (so did Maomao)... How's that missing the lyrical content? I mean it's not like I'm expecting people to sing every word off by heart.

Did you know her then? We really aren't trolling - just expressing our opinions on the kind of thread (crap/not crap) that is known for forthright pro- and anti- views.
I know you're not trolling, but she did mention on this thread that she knew her

Huh? You knew it wasn't about zombies but about the Troubles (so did Maomao)... How's that missing the lyrical content? I mean it's not like I'm expecting people to sing every word off by heart.
I didn’t know it was about the Troubles until reading it on this thread

I'd like to believe you but reading this thread has been upsetting purely because of the repeated criticism. I mean if posters dont like a band there's no need to keep on repeatedly saying they're crap.
And I am telling you that after I posted Dolo was related to me the trolling got worse.

She's dead.
Leave her be.
She was a genuinely lovely person who had a tough childhood and went through her adult life ttying to cope with having been sexually abused by a man in her community.
She had an incredible voice. Her live performances were really brilliant. No special effects no vocal manipulation...pure sound.

Anyway.. look...I may be sensitive about her. Maybe protective of her. She was really very soft hearted and kind. And she is missed.
You're taking this way too personally. The question in the thread is do you like the cranberries. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom