Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Copenhagen - things to do, places to visit and general chat

We went on a canal trip which was OK - there are various places to start from, including just near Borgen iirc. Which we sort of walked through at one point as well. It's dead touristy and so on, but the harbour is quite nice and you can see Nyhaven and so on that way.

Tivoli is good fun if you like that sort of thing. The wooden roller coaster is v good and there's stupid scary stuff too. I believe there's a museum close to there as well that' supposed to be quite good on old stuff (Ny Carlsberg Glypotek?). The Louisiana modern art museum it a train journey away to the north but is easy to get to and excellent.

From memory beer and food can be expensive, but if you do it sensibly it's manageable. There are lots of bakeries around and you can gen up on Open sandwich places. That and a pølser should be fine.

And you can always pop across that bridge to Malmo.

i went with a work trip so wasn't paying much attention to prices, but there's City Bar in Vesterbro where you can get 5 carlsbergs for 90kr, and shisha,

went to Norrebro Brygghuset, as well, really nice restaurant and microbrewery, probably a bit more pricey though as its in the trendy part of town

I went this week. Just for one night and I was a total tourist. Loved it.

Bought the three bus and canal boat tour tickets for £24.50. The canal boat tour was great and getting to see buildings like the opera house and the royal theatre from the river was much better than from the bus.

Did the Visit Carlsberg thing which I wouldn't necessarily recommend but alright value (got £2.50 off with the bus tour tickets so £6 for the tour with two small beers).

I found it completely safe and friendly and it's such a pretty city. Would definitely recommend.

It's blooming cold here but it's a lovely city. I've never seen a city with so many cyclists and bike shops. You can apparently still smoke in some of the dive bars I stumbled into tonight, so now I'm fully reacquainted with that stale smokey smell on my clothes :(

I visited a couple of months ago. I was really disappointed, to be honest. Interesting site, but there didn't seem much community around, just dealers. I spoke to a few locals and they weren't happy either.

christiania-copenhagen-photos-01.jpg

christiania-copenhagen-photos-11.jpg

christiania-copenhagen-photos-14.jpg

christiania-copenhagen-photos-21.jpg

christiania-copenhagen-photos-25.jpg

In photos: Freetown Christiania, a self-proclaimed autonomous neighbourhood in Copenhagen, Denmark

I was there last year. I liked the self-built houses by the lake.

Didn't like all the young men with their hoods up selling weed.

I mean, I live in Hackney which smells of weed for most of the year anyway and people who sell it here don't seem to turn it into a big performance, do they?

I was there last year. I liked the self-built houses by the lake.

Didn't like all the young men with their hoods up selling weed.

I mean, I live in Hackney which smells of weed for most of the year anyway and people who sell it here don't seem to turn it into a big performance, do they?
It seemed surprisingly soulless and nothing like what I was expecting. It was strange that there was no music being played anywhere on the site, so it was just people sitting about smoking dope (whoppee-do) and lurking dealers who appeared to exude unfriendliness unless you wanted to buy off them. It was also very male-heavy throughout, and my female companions felt a little uncomfortable and said they'd wouldn't feel particularly safe going there on their own. Maybe I was just there on a bad day.

How can it be anything else though? When an illegal activity like dealing drugs is tolerated by the authorities, the gangsters will move in to exploit it and it will all go to shit. Tbf I'm pretty impressed it lasted as a hippy ideal for as long as it did.

People used to talk about getting authorised sites to hold illegal raves on, 5 minutes' thought would lead you to the conclusion that it would be a very bad idea. Then the French government authorised two per year and they were pretty much instantly serious crime-fests.

I'm off over there soon. Tivoli is on the list and maybe Christania....if anyone has any further updates, they would be appreciated, especially veggie places to eat :thumbs:

Loved the city, it's clean, uncrowded, laid back Etc.
Thank goodness I went to War Pigs. My trip would not have been complete without it. Beer (ale) in Copenhagen is virtually non existant including War Pigs which brews many lagers and pils. The music in there rocked though" Warpigs

I'm not veggie, Mrs Tag is. She enjoyed her cheese thing in war pigs, alas the greens came with chunks of meat in as did the beans.
I went for the chicken things, medium heat - my eyes and nose streamed while eating them! There were many wrinklies, some old than me eating in there which struck me as quite odd. Also enjoyed the English pub just outside Tivoli - great barman, again playing half decent music.
What is it with Danes and Bacon. In the hotel it was burnt beyond recognition and many other places as well! and no beans for breakfast!

Roskilde Festival was good this year. One of the best festivals on the planet really.
Highly recommend!

We've just booked a few nights between xmas and new years. Will be fucking cold obviously but we'll wrap up and hoping that the wonder and magic of the xmas spirit takes over. Staying at the Tivoli hotel so quite close to the centre I think?

Any good recent recommendations for restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs? Especially anywhere good for veggie food!

This is one of my favourite places anywhere
Warpigs I shall in fact be wearing my War pigs tee-shirt to a gig tomorrow night.
beers quite good, superb rock music, Mrs Mrs said the veggie option was edible...food is basic.
This was good n friendly The Old English Pub - Streckers Restaurants
both are near tivoli gardens :thumbs:
The museums are good.
We stayed at nyhavn. It's by the canal, going down to the sea, it's picturesque with great bars and restaurants.
Copenhagen is great for CD shops.
More to follow with a church and shopping. Great place, loved it.

Back
Top Bottom