Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Concorde

beesonthewhatnow

going deaf for a living
Is anyone else watching the documentary on C4 at the moment?

It's such a shame it's not flying any more, it really was utterly magnificent...

Concorde_5.jpg

The first proper job I ever had was making sure Concordes leading edge de-icing units were built to spec and on time
Loved that thing

Not quite sure what to make of the info that 40 of Concorde's frequent flyers died on 9 September :hmm:

Sad, but fucking hell, they flew on Concorde, probably loads of times :eek:

I will watch this on 4OD or at my dads who recorded it for me. I am another Concorde fan.

I remember the really fine view of it we had as it came over central London a little after 5.00pm every day. It was a sight that made you stop, that's for sure.

Not quite sure what to make of the info that 40 of Concorde's frequent flyers died on 9 September :hmm:
With a pinch of salt, maybe?

None of those flights on 9/11 were coming across the Atlantic so unless the 40 were also domestic US frequent flyers . . .

Who said they died in a plane? I took it that they died in the WTC -- financiers with the kind of jobs that would see them go back and forth over the Atlantic and the wealth to do so in style.

The 40 died in the WTC attacks on 9/11. It did stick out a bit as being a stupid part of the script in what was otherwise a good docu that didn't re-hash previous concorde docus. The fine detail over the Paris crash was interesting, as well as the alternate theories.

Who said they died in a plane? I took it that they died in the WTC -- financiers with the kind of jobs that would see them go back and forth over the Atlantic and the wealth to do so in style.

That's what I took it to mean.

Didn't mean they died on any plane. Just thought it was irrelevant, although I suppose they were stating at the same time that sometimes Concorde was flying with as few as 6 passengers and that losing 40 frequent flyers seriously hit their business :hmm:

I will watch this on 4OD or at my dads who recorded it for me. I am another Concorde fan.

Only got round to watching this on Friday night and really enjoyed it.
Have seen a lot of Concorde programmes and read a fair bit but interesting to see the new content here.
Nice touch having Pink Floyd, The Great Gig in the Sky as the music too.

Back
Top Bottom