Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

cheap bass guitar

for a brand new never played any kind of guitar left handed learner is there any benefit in going specifically left-handed?

I'd play a 3/4 size bass no problem and I am like 6'2 tall. It's just a short scale by another name. I've got a tiny Jedson cheapo, a medium squire bronco and a super long burns bison and I prob play the jedson at home most often.

That's cool too, it is the same size as the Stagg one I posted though, it just calls it "short scale" instead of 3/4 size. Stagg is a good budget brand, i like their stuff.

not for a child :D
They are generally easier to play because the strings won't be so tight. Cheaper basses also often have higher action, making them a bit more painful to play (especially if you are a beginner) They are not that small either.
I was going to say fender squire jaguar bass, as I bought one new a couple of years ago for under £200 . . . but they seem a bit more now.

But in general any squire bass will probably be pretty good and the prices seem OK.
I'd probably go for this one for the price.

If I ever buy another bass I'd like a Jaguar.

...but my cheapo supermarket one did me fine for practice, gigs and eventually was last seen still going strong after being donated to a special needs school.

i have literally no idea what appeals to middle-aged men when it comes to guitars... <notallmam> i know what would make me laugh most :D not sure whether laughing is ever interpreted as supportive...

for a brand new never played any kind of guitar left handed learner is there any benefit in going specifically left-handed?
Yes. You would have to string a bass the other way around and because (unlike a guitar) the strings thickness varies considerably it would affect play. Also it would be upside down and not as comfortable to play.

Back
Top Bottom