Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charity Shop Bargains

Wow!

I would have had to chuck them an extra fiver for those.

I've found the motherlode. Scope in my town has a three books for a quid thing, I could resell hundreds of em on ebay for tidy profit were I so minded!

But no, I buy them and keep them in the library wing of the house
* for perusal at my leisure. I've got some great ones!

*end of the bed in the spare room.

I've found the motherlode. Scope in my town has a three books for a quid thing, I could resell hundreds of em on ebay for tidy profit were I so minded!

But no, I buy them and keep them in the library wing of the house
* for perusal at my leisure. I've got some great ones!

*end of the bed in the spare room.

You could resell them on ebay and donate all of the proceeds to charity if you wanted to/ had time, they have a scheme for doing so.

a kilo of heathered purple Shetland wool on the cone for £1 - enough for a nice, warm jumper and then some.

That sounds awesome. Wool can get really expensive, pretty quickly.

It wasn't really a bargain, but I found some craft material today too. I've been working on creating a Japanese-style patchwork jacket, but haven't been able to find appropriate fabrics. Today I was thrift shopping and found a $1 sale and found five blouses that didn't fit me, but would look good in the patchwork jacket.

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. Wool can get really expensive, pretty quickly.

It wasn't really a bargain, but I found some craft material today too. I've been working on creating a Japanese-style patchwork jacket, but haven't been able to find appropriate fabrics. Today I was thrift shopping and found a $1 sale and found five blouses that didn't fit me, but would look good in the patchwork jacket.

That jacket I would love to see!

I wish I could knit sometimes.

It isn't hard, is highly portable, needs very little kit and has become far less gendered. My brother -n -law knits - he is a lorry driver and has a lot of time in his cab. More and more men are taking it up - check out men who knit - many cool Peruvians, Norwegians, Scots rediscovering a long and interesting heritage in yarn...plus as many tutorials online as you could wish for. A relaxing, meditative blending of form and function which is deeply satisfying.

Best mate had a bargain a couple of weeks ago;

What looks like about £200's worth of new 5mm neoprene wet suit (Jacket n waders type) for under a tenner ...

For me it has mainly been books, from 50p to £2.00 but I have also bought nick knacks and while I was unemployed bought most of my Christmas presents in Charity shops. Oh and a rather nice carved elephant for someone who likes such things :)

Look away vegetarians.
Victorian snakeskin, wood lined, double wine bottle carrier. Superb quality, going to be perfect for picnics and away in the campervan.
Tenner. One identical on Ebay for £60.
21165ad5de8b19633c518313d0a4bf7c.jpg

8a8326f51bf9b9ad02e4e7f78dc24ccb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom