Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charity Shop Bargains

Look away vegetarians.
Victorian snakeskin, wood lined, double wine bottle carrier. Superb quality, going to be perfect for picnics and away in the campervan.
Tenner. One identical on Ebay for £60.
21165ad5de8b19633c518313d0a4bf7c.jpg

8a8326f51bf9b9ad02e4e7f78dc24ccb.jpg

I'm jealous of that, splendid workmanship !
(you might want to rebind that frayed handle before carrying heavy bottles)

I'm jealous of that, splendid workmanship !
(you might want to rebind that frayed handle before carrying heavy bottles)
I was just looking at that. It's a strip of soft leather for comfort looped over some much thicker leather which takes the load. I'm going to leave it in its original condition. It's lasted long enough like that, could replace if it ever breaks.
I was guessing at Victorian. Could be between the wars, looks like it should be strapped to a rack on a roadster with a Fortnums hamper. 1920's I reckon.
beeeff822118b075b45d8714f1b5de56.jpg

Pattern number I think. Is that indentation a name or a firing mark where it was resting on something? Does it look like letters or numbers?

I'm branching out.

I love Jeeves, but have never read anything else by PG Wodehouse.

Today, in Oxfam, I bought a Blandings, Service With A Smile, so my life may go in a new direction from now on.

I also bought a bar of Divine dark chocolate, 70% cocoa. I don't like it. I always find Divine chocolate disappointing, so I have only myself to blame.

I got a 3 dvd box set of looney tunes for 3 quid in age UK. £25 on eBay. Back to my childhood at the weekend.

What about this lovely plate I got for three quid today?View attachment 180860

Does anyone know about antique pots? Does that '1733' on the back mean it's from 1733?

View attachment 180861

No i

No idea but it’s more likely to be a pattern number. Looks later to me, based on my vast expertise (from watching Antiques Roadshow) Nice plate though.

It's difficult as it's got no back-stamp (a back-stamp is basically the maker's mark). It might not be antique (the definition of 'antique' I think, is over 100 years old, so even Sasaferrato isn't quite an antique… ;):p:D). I'm thinking it's probably a copy of something old. Wish I could read what was written in that indentation, though. I like your finds killer b, particularly jealous of that cat tile. Love your tablecloth, too, I'm very much into retro (there's a lovely Orla Kiely duvet set I want, but it's over £80 :eek:).

Back to the dish, if I had to guess I'd say early last century (1905-1910).

Mine isnt officially open, but I clocked a mango wood TV stand through the window. They opened up to let me have it .
£35 and it's immaculate and weighs a ton.
Over the moon because they retail at £400 and I've been after one for a while :)
The lady was happy because the hospice has been struggling for donations.
IMG_20200615_144926.jpg

Back
Top Bottom