Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

changed Brother toner cartridge and print is lighter

trevhagl

Famous author , company CEO
first time i have changed cartridge and the print was blurred black smudge then it went clear but greyish and thin lettering
can't see any way of cleaning print head, all the self help things on the internet direct you to a keypad which i haven't got and there's nothing in printer settings
Cartridge seller on ebay has 100% feedback , any ideas?

Have you taken the cartridge back out and checked it? It may not have aligned correctly or the ink may not be flowing as it should.

Print head cleaning and calibration can usually be initiated by software. I'm presuming you have installed this and have tried it.

is it a new Brother cartridge? (would I presume be the first thing they ask if you contact them)

Have you taken the cartridge back out and checked it? It may not have aligned correctly or the ink may not be flowing as it should.

Print head cleaning and calibration can usually be initiated by software. I'm presuming you have installed this and have tried it.
when i print documents it comes up with "allow brother to make changes to your computer?" and when i click yes it stops me going any further so do you think the software is not properly installed? The first (brother original) cartridge worked fine

I have a Brother laser printer that has a full set of virtually new secondary market cartridges in it, and it hasn't turned a wheel in years. It acts as a stand for its replacement, an Epson eco-tank.

This is the second laser printer I've had, and I'll never have another. Manufacturers cartridges are superb, secondary market are not. Its fine if you want to churn out text, but not for pictures.

I have a Brother laser printer that has a full set of virtually new secondary market cartridges in it, and it hasn't turned a wheel in years. It acts as a stand for its replacement, an Epson eco-tank.

This is the second laser printer I've had, and I'll never have another. Manufacturers cartridges are superb, secondary market are not. Its fine if you want to churn out text, but not for pictures.
I've had no problems with reasonably decent aftermarket cartridges. My old HP 1320 went off to my stepson after 16 years' sterling service and no difficulties. I do usually use manufacturer cartridges for the duration of the warranty, though...

when i print documents it comes up with "allow brother to make changes to your computer?" and when i click yes it stops me going any further so do you think the software is not properly installed? The first (brother original) cartridge worked fine

It would do any harm to google the exact model number and install (reinstall) the drivers and software for it. Beyond that I wouldn't really know.

Laser printers dont have print heads as such. You have the drum and the fuser.
You should be able to remove and replace the drum to trigger the cleaning mechanism. It should just pull out maybe best to look at a YouTube video.

Back
Top Bottom