Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Champions League Final: Juventus V Real Madrid, in Cardiff

Really enjoying this. Some brilliant passing in very confined spaces, and Juve's back three are looking imperious
I won't even care if Real win because Zidane

Exactly what I was thinking. You just can't argue with his record, not just the numbers but how he's gone about it. I don't go in for 'bests' because there's no point, but you could certainly argue he's

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GOAL!!!
*ahem* :oops:

I was gonna say Ronaldo seems to play a bigger part in his teams than Messi does, but maybe that's a reflection on the men rather than the teams?

"Dad, who's the world's most expensive player? It's going to be Messi or Ronaldo isn't it?"

"It's Paul Pogba son. £96million"
Transfer fees are a reflection of the value of a particular player to a particular club at a particular time, not an objective measure of merit.

Stick that up yer magic money tree!

*ahem* :oops:

I was gonna say Ronaldo seems to play a bigger part in his teams than Messi does, but maybe that's a reflection on the men rather than the teams?
Ronaldo always has to be The Man. Displays the kind of "I know I'm great" strutting you see from top class sprinters, boxers and other individual sportsmen. Messi doesn't bother with all that, just part of the team always. Which is why I liked Zidane so much as a player.

Case in point: Man Utd win Champs League on pens against Chelsea. Every United player piles onto Giggs after he scored the winning pen, except Ronaldo, who laid on the floor near the centre circle making it all about him

Ronaldo always has to be The Man. Displays the kind of "I know I'm great" strutting you see from top class sprinters, boxers and other individual sportsmen. Messi doesn't bother with all that, just part of the team always. Which is why I liked Zidane so much as a player.
Yeah, certainly think that's true. What I was originally going to say was that Ronaldo seems to drag his teams through things more than Messi, but I'm possibly doing the Real team a disservice, particularly because I pay more attention to Barca and rate the likes of Neymar and Suarez over Bale and Benzema, which I thnk is probably unfair.

Basically, I'm talking utter shite :D

Juve, same number of stars as Yeovil Town

Yeovil-Town-kit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom