Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cat ladder (big pic)

mrs quoad

IMG_0911.jpg

Artichoke's face has been spot-healed, because I couldn't be arsed to replace it with Prince Harry's again.

She's laughing in the original, though. And pointing in the next pic.

[/thread]

Cool

Only when just more than half way up cat will get blown off by that exhaust pipe .... whoosh ...
:D Might not look it, but the pipe is at least a metre above the ladder!
we need to see the cat on it.
and what sort of a name is artichoke - is her dad bob geldof?
She registered on here as Artichoke (she likes globe artichokes), and has either 1 or 0 posts. Then decided you lot were weird, and hasn't posted since.

The cat is still uncertain. She's sniffed it from the office end, and is outside at the moment; but needs a rather firmer introduction, I think.

(That being the office end is kinda the point; I work up there all day, and atm head downstairs 5 or 6 times a day because the cat is yowling like a stuck pig.)

ha, i see. i don't blame her.

hang on a minute, isn't your cat called nigel? nigel the lady cat?

Yeah.

Turns out Artichoke's posted once.

oh mon dieu!
I like the dog's total stoicism! :D

She has no idea what her password is, mind, and no intentions of retrieving it.

e2a:
hang on a minute, isn't your cat called nigel? nigel the lady cat?
Yes.

Though it was originally 'not-Nigel,' the gender non-specific cat. It later emerged that she was a girl (though Artichoke claims to've known this all along.)

Nice work quoad, even if the cat doesn't use it at first. :cool:

A trail of cat treats up that ladder ought to give Nigel the right idea very quickly! :D
She's not very treat-inspired, tbh. Not in any predictable or harnessable way.

We've just had a little go with me 'gently introducing' her to it, at a metre or two's height, whilst Artichoke bellowed encouragingly from the window.

She wasn't unduly impressed, but gave it a solid go. When Artichoke started calling, she went up a couple; and then back down again. She's doing alright going down, which is encouraging.

After a couple of treats and a bit of attention, she's hiding under the tandem's tarpaulin atm (tbf, this isn't unusual; she'll often spend 5 or 6 hours of an evening under the tarpaulin. One for cat psychologists there).

on the first floor?

I thought cat flaps were normally installed on the ground floor in houses?

If it's a first floor flat in a house, and since mrs quoad is at home all day, I'm sure he could operate a lift cage with a pulley system. Maybe Nigel is holding out for that and that's the reason he's apparently not so keen on climbing up.

tbf, it's a 2 bed terrace, not a flat.

A cat flap would be one option; but it'd mean knocking a hole in our door, and that'd involve some complicated negotiations with our landlord. And probably quite a bit more expense than the £23 in wood and nails (and £10 for a saw (well, 2 saws (1 with 9 teeth per inch, the other with 11) given saws were on BOGOF)) that this cost.

I made one like this for under the living room window when we first moved in as the window ledge was quite high up.

cat-ladder-21478594.jpg

But it kept falling over because I couldn't attach it to the wall and Schrodes hardly bothered with it anyway, so it's gone now. I think I prefer your ramp :cool:

I made one like this for under the living room window when we first moved in as the window ledge was quite high up.

cat-ladder-21478594.jpg

But it kept falling over because I couldn't attach it to the wall and Schrodes hardly bothered with it anyway, so it's gone now. I think I prefer your ramp :cool:

*approve*

I always thought mrsQ had made up artichoke :(
I get the feeling that some people think that I make VP up. Surely nobody would invent an alter ego who's actually far more interesting and witty than the main online identity of the same person? :facepalm:

by him. Although I'm thinking you are real. VP doesn't strike me as the psychic type
FWIW he's quite competent at that kind of thing, just held back by a lack of his own energy these days.

BTW sorry about the derail.

Back
Top Bottom