Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

Presumably - surely - the Cardiff board have a new manager all lined up and ready to step in.

Err... haven't they?

Presumably - surely - the Cardiff board have a new manager all lined up and ready to step in.

Hopefully that was why they delayed in announcing Jones's departure. Martin O'Neil would obviously be a quality appointment. If he were to have the budget that Jones had last season, we should be looking at top 2. That's if we get him, which we probably wont.

I feel sorry for Jones. He may not have got us there, but players have to shoulder blame as well. I would feel far happier going into next season with no squad and no money knowing DJ was there.

Hopefully that was why they delayed in announcing Jones's departure. Martin O'Neil would obviously be a quality appointment. If he were to have the budget that Jones had last season, we should be looking at top 2. That's if we get him, which we probably wont.

I'm not convinced we did have that big a budget. DJ excelled in getting players in, to play for HIM. We need a manager that is as highly respected to get players in for fuck all. There aint many of them aound, and we cant afford Redknapp!

I feel sorry for Jones. He may not have got us there, but players have to shoulder blame as well. I would feel far happier going into next season with no squad and no money knowing DJ was there.

Yes the players should also shoulder the blame, but it was Jones who signed those players, and its up to him to motivate them, he couldn't do this. And Jones may have been good operating on a tight budget, but maybe the budget was so small (last season it definitely wasn't) because he was earning £800k a year?

I'm not convinced we did have that big a budget. DJ excelled in getting players in, to play for HIM. We need a manager that is as highly respected to get players in for fuck all. There aint many of them aound, and we cant afford Redknapp!

We must have, paying Chopra £25k p/w, we were probably paying around that for Bellamy too. Plus all the loans we had, and agent fees for sorting them out, it must all add up.

club puts to bed any rumours about the return of the sam

The circumstances behind the original loan and the application of the funds remain difficult to establish to the satisfaction of the Board and as a result the Club has engaged third party forensic accountants to further investigate the issue of validating the legitimacy of the loans and expenditure incurred when the Club was under the full management control of Mr Sam Hammam.

In order to put the record straight we can also reassure the supporters of the Club that as part of these negotiations, Mr Sam Hammam representatives will not return in a capacity as Director of football or something similar.

forensic accountants?

Sounds like the makings of a TV series. CSI Miami crossed with Numbers.

CPA Caerdydd

Would anyone on here get rid of Chopra? For the right price of course. I'm not sure, I love the guy but he does seem to have his off the field problems, and he's fat as.

So we have 2 strikers left. the beats and Nat jarvis!! gonna be a good season. Zola better come, and bring his boots!

Would anyone on here get rid of Chopra? For the right price of course. I'm not sure, I love the guy but he does seem to have his off the field problems, and he's fat as.

Jones was the only manager that ever got him to perform to the best of his ability - and Jones is gone so ................

I predict that mid way through next season we'll be looking back at the glory days of the Jones reign and wondering why the fuck we sacked him.

I predict that mid way through next season we'll be looking back at the glory days of the Jones reign and wondering why the fuck we sacked him.

I think its a fucking certainty, Popped into the Anus Abraham boards yesterday and it seems that Dave Jones is pretty much responsible for everything form the Tsunami to the wall street carsh and everything in between. Anus has a problem with him bigtime and he is still slagging him off for letting Bothroyd leave!!!! Best manager we ever had. FACT

Back
Top Bottom