Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

yeah their food has slacked right off
stopped eating in buffalo a while back and the mrs had to send back hummus with no flavour at 10ft tall a couple of days ago, they seem to think a dash of paprika is fine, where's the garlic etc!

sorry I was referring to bad reviews for Fire island, sorry if that wasnt clear!

Isn't The Chapel an upmarket Wetherspoons? We tried to go there after a meal on Churchill Way weeks ago and they wouldn't let us in as it was their opening party. I was in Porter's on Bute Terrace on Friday night as one of my friends knows the owner. They are planning all sorts with the menu entertainment in coming weeks but I can't remember what exactly as I was a little drunk. I do remember talking to the owner and explaining that in the late 90s, when it was a gay c lub, they used to have an all you can drink for £10 night and he said, rather sniffily that that sort of think wouldn't be happening!

Seemed quite a bit more upmarket than a spoons! And unfortunately '£x drink as much as you can' is illegal now :(

I've read the reviews and they are dire, seems the menu is always limited, the food dire and small portioned and service poor. Apart from that.......

As I said, didn't eat there but that's a shame to hear! I say I think it was a limited menu as it was just typed out onto a white sheet of A4, which isn't at all like their other bars (where they put a lot of emphasis on branding).

Still a really nice place to go for a drink - wasn't really judging it as a restaurant as even with more vegetarian options it's still very much a meat eaters' place.

Heard good things about that Chapel place...

Foolishly agreed to buy a couple of pints of Peroni in Barocco's - £4.60 a go!

I think that’s why Tom Daley deleted his tweets, he was reminded that he was paid to be at Tiger Tiger. I could be wrong of course, but I’m a little surprised that such A listers as those people mentioned above would otherwise be spending NYE in Cardiff.
Bit odd that Tom seems to think everything shuts at 1, but really I can’t imagine that a night with a Chris Moyles sidekick ‘DJing’ is much fun.

Its all a bit Ratners ..perhaps

Where is aura then butty Bach? Never 'eard of it

On Mill Lane, it opened in the summer. Mainly house, although I think there's a decent dubstep night now, and they had Uncle Dugs a few weeks ago.

It's in a bit of a weird place for the nights they have on (there was a confused/disgusted hen party in there when I saw Phil Weeks there, who left after being met with hostility when they tried to make requests :D), and it's very shiny, but it's a decent place!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/club-detail.aspx?id=63071

Well I was in the moon til 4 so that's a surprise to me! To be fair plenty of pubs closed early, city arms, queens vaults - but womanby street was buzzing, had a great time
we woz there too! but bailed earlier :oops:
good night and great people! levitation and crowbar put on good stuff :coo:
had to apologise to the dj n the upstairs bar bit after my partners Canadian mate asked him for a request when he was playing acidey technoey stuff

how much outrage is there going to be about this! :eek:
Woman steals kitten from pet shop by putting it in handbag!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/n...-into-bag-at-cardiff-pet-shop-91466-32569180/

will it get as big as cat bin woman? definately going to go national init.
cctv-footage-of-the-moment-a-woman-apparently-takes-a-kitten-775173686.jpg

was in there just before xmas to buy a cat with my mate, we saw all the other ones there :(

Back
Top Bottom