Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Car Clamper / Was I Right To Leave Him..

Should I have left him or helped

• Total voters
dirtysanta said:
Thats a very grey term with all clampers.

so follow the correct channels. i'm not pretending i don't think these are opportunistic predatory fuckers, and i can understand why this guy has pissed you off.

but to refuse - with an explanation - to help someone who's in pain (and who's to know how injured, i assume you don't have the medical nous to establish whether he had head injuries or broken bones?) is just wrong.

Ok consider this.

If the "clamper" had died from internal injurys from the kicking..would you have any remorse ? Would you even care ?

From your attitude and cross over and ignor, i reckon not

DapperDonDamaja said:
It doesn't matter what you inferred from it. I'm not condoning the violence.

Yeah right. A bashing sorted you out, so it'll work on others, right?

on_the_fly said:
Ok consider this.

If the "clamper" had died from internal injurys from the kicking..would you have any remorse ? Would you even care ?

From your attitude and cross over and ignor, i reckon not

Id feel sorry if he had a family. I wouldnt wish that on any wife and kids. Personally for him, no. Remorse for what. I didnt give him the kicking. I just turned a blind eye. So, no.

Dubversion said:
to ACTIVELY not do something, with a motive, is a bad thing to do. in this instance, passivity is its own action...

and think about what you've said and broaden it out, see where it gets you..

broaden what out?

assuming that DS himself had partaken of a couple of jars on the infamous night in question then i find his action, or lack of it, entirely understandable. and i seriously doubt that many of us good folk would've done differently however much we'd like to think so ourselves.

but the simple fact that he's chosen to query his action here is evidence of guilt is it not. DS, you could've been the stronger better man but you missed your chance. like a lot of us would've!

Poi E said:
Yeah right. A bashing sorted you out, so it'll work on others, right?

No - it wasn't that I got a bashing. Rather I just realised from other peoples' attitudes towards me that behaving dreadfully towards people was counterproductive. I realised that though superficially I was popular the friends I had were shallow and concluded that it would be much better to not be such a cunt.

What I take from my own experience is that some people need a shock to have the golden rule of do-as-you-would-be-done-by made attractive to them, and without it they won't learn.
But that's just my 2p.

Dubversion said:
i'm not one of life's 'turn the other cheek' types, and i'm no dogooder. but i have my fucking limits, and this is WAY beyond them
Wait a sec. Surely helping this guy is turning the other cheek, that is exactly what it is doing. I agree that there is a long way between making a phone call to the Police/Ambulance and being a do-gooder.

I would write more on vigilante justice but it gets complicated.

to ACTIVELY not do something, with a motive, is a bad thing to do.

what gumph !

I should go and see my mates but I can't be bothered, I should tidy my house but also can't be bothered, does that make me a bad person.

Kameron said:
Wait a sec. Surely helping this guy is turning the other cheek, that is exactly what it is doing. I agree that there is a long way between making a phone call to the Police/Ambulance and being a do-gooder.

I would write more on vigilante justice but it gets complicated.

i fear that as ever you've completely missed the point of my post.

to clarify: turning the other cheek would be to let him keep clamping you with no comeback.

helping an injured man is mere common decency

snadge said:
what gumph !

I should go and see my mates but I can't be bothered, I should tidy my house but also can't be bothered, does that make me a bad person.

fuck me, that's dim. that's not what i said is it, you gimp. reread my post, try harder.

DapperDonDamaja said:
No - it wasn't that I got a bashing. Rather I just realised from other peoples' attitudes towards me that behaving dreadfully towards people was counterproductive. I realised that though superficially I was popular the friends I had were shallow and concluded that it would be much better to not be such a cunt.

What I take from my own experience is that some people need a shock to have the golden rule of do-as-you-would-be-done-by made attractive to them, and without it they won't learn.
But that's just my 2p.

Fair enough. Apologies if I misrepresented your argument.

Dubversion said:
fuck me, that's dim. that's not what i said is it, you gimp. reread my post, try harder.

to ACTIVELY not do something, with a motive, is a bad thing to do. in this instance, passivity is its own action...

you did say that, notice the full stop, that means it's a sentence, you call me dim? and less of the abuse, you also told me to broaden what I said and you still haven't explained what you mean.

Sorry I've not read all five pages but my feeling is (and sorry if it's been mentioned) that you are no better than he his by not helping him. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

snadge said:
you did say that, notice the full stop, that means it's a sentence, you call me dim? and less of the abuse,

you compared somebody deliberately not helping an injured person because of a grudge/ill-will (no matter how justified) with not bothering to go round your mates house.

do you really think that's a valid comparison?

@dirtysanta

Personally I find what you've posted pretty fucking shocking - in my eyes you're pretty much as bad as the guy(s) who beat the clamper up. Still I suppose now some similarly nasty people have backed you up you feel fully justified in your actions? Well bully for you. If everyone just 'turned a blind eye' like you seem to think is OK, then the world would be an even shittier place than it is now.

Dubversion said:
do you really think that's a valid comparison?

No I don't, maybe you should "broaden" out that statement then instead of having a go at everyone that seems to grasp that it doesn't make DS a bad person.

snuffyzee said:
@dirtysanta

Personally I find what you've posted pretty fucking shocking - in my eyes you're pretty much as bad as the guy(s) who beat the clamper up. Still I suppose now some similarly nasty people have backed you up you feel fully justified in your actions? Well bully for you. If everyone just 'turned a blind eye' like you seem to think is OK, then the world would be an even shittier place than it is now.

I don't think anyone has backed him up, he DIDN'T hand out the kicking.

I know I certainly didn't.

snadge said:
No I don't, maybe you should "broaden" out that statement then instead of having a go at everyone that seems to grasp that it doesn't make DS a bad person.

what the bollocks are you talking about now? so you agree your earlier analogy was nonsense? and it's my belief that DS's (in)actions DO make him a bad person - IMO - so stop trying to claim that i've failed to grasp something.

Dubversion said:
what the bollocks are you talking about now? so you agree your earlier analogy was nonsense? and it's my belief that DS's (in)actions DO make him a bad person - IMO - so stop trying to claim that i've failed to grasp something.

me dim :D :D :D :D :D

you want to start reading properly!

Back
Top Bottom