Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Canterbury Arms, Brixton to be turned into flats - planning application

I have this little bit of Canterbury history at home. It's Boy About Town's original decks that he used for all the funerals, weddings, paddy's days etc....it's got some life in it, but needs a little tlc on one of the decks....

Anyone any good at restoring this kinda thing.....I'm shit.

It was moved to my garage with all the audio equipment when we first got word the pub was being sold.....little did we know it would drag on for so long and so little, but misery, would come of all the upheaval.

Sad to hear (via Nanker Phelge ) that Mary has died :(

The last party at Brixton's Canterbury Arms as gentrification claims another much-loved community asset, Saturday 29th August 2015

The last party at Brixton's Canterbury Arms as gentrification claims another much-loved community asset, Saturday 29th August 2015

Pics from The last party at Brixton’s Canterbury Arms as gentrification claims another much-loved community asset

A good woman. R.I.P.

To be honest they were all a lot healthier after the pub closed. She was ill with cancer through all that and got the news it was terminal. They had going on too at the time.

She lasted out, and I think they were happier for having moved on, despite how hard it was.

A good woman. R.I.P.

To be honest they were all a lot healthier after the pub closed. She was ill with cancer through all that and got the news it was terminal. They had going on too at the time.

She lasted out, and I think they were happier for having moved on, despite how hard it was.
And the site of the old pub is still fucking empty.

Oh no - I had no idea about Mary's passing. That's so sad. She was the heart and soul of the Canterbury, and was very kind to me personally. I'm really sorry to hear this. RIP Mary.

Yep. However, it is not an inappropriate site for a taller building, IMO. The mansion blocks the other side of International House are 5 stories, and the Rec is even taller.

I predict a residential conversion for International House btw.
I predict a (partial, if not full) residential conversion for the Hondo Tower eventually.

Back
Top Bottom