Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you recommend me a good horror film?

The Michael Winner film ? Are you being serious ?

Yeah. That film presented ideas that made me quite uncomfortable. That, to me, is a good horror movie. To me, it's not about blood, or even suspense so much, although that's more important. It's the ideas it's portraying, and how they're portrayed.

I found it in turns idiotic, incompetent and tedious, but it takes all sorts. Not sure where you saw any great ideas. Great move to on Winners part to use actual disabled and disfigured people as "demons from hell" or whatever.

For some bizarre reason I always used to get Michael Winner and Ken Russell mixed up in my head even though I knew they were totally different people :oops:

I found it in turns idiotic, incompetent and tedious, but it takes all sorts. Not sure where you saw any great ideas. Great move to on Winners part to use actual disabled and disfigured people as "demons from hell" or whatever.

It's been a long time since I watched it. I'd probably consumed some sort of substance, to boot, given the time frame.

Whatever the reason, it scared me, and I won't watch it again.

That's pioneering! Stephen Spielberg was lauded for doing this in Saving Private Ryan to make battle scenes more realistic, yet it was Winner who blazed the trail. All hail Michael Winner!

i liked this fakeplasticgirl , maybe its my love for cornwall but there was something about it that elevated the film

The Lovely Bones was a horror to sit through, but not in a good way. :(
lol i did like that film, theres another one about a serial killer that i saw on bbc2 1 nite, guy ends up buying a garage because he can't solve the murders that was pretty good but the title escapes me :eek:

lol i did like that film, theres another one about a serial killer that i saw on bbc2 1 nite, guy ends up buying a garage because he can't solve the murders that was pretty good but the title escapes me :eek:
The Pledge

Come and See (Idi i Smotri), not a horror film i know, but i can't think of another film more full of horror. One of the few films that still gets to me and one i will probably never watch again.

30wb3vr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom