Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can squirrels get addicted to crack?

I think we need to set a challenge for the next Urban-inspired SLP front page.

Something on the lines of:

KEITH FITCHETT
ATE MY CRACK SQUIRREL!​

It never dies this.

Originally posted by the Daily Mirror 13 January 2006
WHEN GOOD ANIMALS GO BAD

THEY may look cute - but beneath the cuddly exterior beats the heart of a criminal.

Dastardly dogs, scheming squirrels, cunning cats... And now marauding monkeys who are causing havoc in Cambodia by stealing bags of glue from addicts, getting high and attacking locals.

Here DAVID EDWARDS takes a look at some of the world's unlikeliest law-breakers..

CRACK SQUIRRELS

RED-EYED and twitching, they hang around outside the Ritzy cinema in Brixton desperate for their next fix. But one thing sets them apart from other junkies in this South London neighbourhood - this lot have bushy tails.

Squirrels have apparently become the latest victims of ' Britain's drug culture, after the freebasing fiends began digging up and eating crack cocaine buried by local dealers.

Advertisement
Falk AdSolution

A similar problem is said to have plagued the residents of estates in New York and Washington where drugs are rife.

i didnt realise that story came from here!!!!!!

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that is fukin classic!!!

:D

Just a short bump to say this has been picked up by Fortean Times who are also quoting posters to this thread :)

This one ain't on crack, but it's one step away.
14772279.jpg

This one's in crack:
6915647_scaled_316x279.jpg

These are from a site run by a mad right-wing American woman:
http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/
Fucking hilarious reading - check the Osama Bin Squirrel bit.

ah, you beat me to it Velouria!

steve coogan doing a 2 minute rant about the dangers of crack-addicted squirrels....even top comedians are nicking stuff from u75 now!

I was at a wedding in France about a month back and when I mentioned to the (Camberwell living) couple sitting next to me that I was from Brixton they asked me if I had any crack squirrels. :)

Bob said:
I was at a wedding in France about a month back and when I mentioned to the (Camberwell living) couple sitting next to me that I was from Brixton they asked me if I had any crack squirrels. :)
LOL - what goes around comes around! i think you started this after all eh bob?! ;)

More crack squirrel news... watching BBC2 last night, Steve Coogan had his Tommy Saxondale character doing a monologue during his therapy session about cocaine-addicted pigeons and crack squirrels.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, Bob :cool:

Brixton Hatter said:
ah, you beat me to it Velouria!

steve coogan doing a 2 minute rant about the dangers of crack-addicted squirrels....even top comedians are nicking stuff from u75 now!

I should have read your post before I repeated it :D :oops:

Crack Squirrel Has A New Partner In Crime

More from the SLP:

http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.u...adline=cunning-fox-steals-ipod-name_page.html

Cunning fox steals iPod

Jul 14 2006

By Robert Dex

A sneaky crook has raided properties in Brixton's Trinity Gardens in the last month.

Police say the thief, who goes by the name of Vulpes Vulpes, learnt his trade robbing food from bins in the area before moving on to more valuable goods.

The fox has shown a distinct preference for the finer things in life - making off with a trendy iPod MP3 player and a designer handbag this week.

Now angry residents are demanding the villain be hunted down and hounded out of the square for his crimes.

A Brixton police source said the thief's early forays were carried out under cover of darkness but as he has become more confident he has started ransacking homes in broad daylight.

One embarrassed householder told the South London Press how he lost hundreds of pounds worth of kit.

He said: "It was a warm day and I had left the back door open and he must have crept in.

"I only realised what had happened when I went to get my Paul Smith brogues for a wed-ding I was going to and one was missing.

"My iPod went as well. I think he must have liked the smell of the leather case it was in."

The brazen thief has even been seen prowling around the square flaunting an expensive Louis Vuitton handbag he stole from another house.

The police source added: "What sort of animal does this kind of thing?

"Residents can rest assured we take this sort of crime very seriously and we will catch up with this villain.

"We have chased a few false trails during the investigation but I'm confident we are now on his scent and will catch up with him soon."

Urban fox expert Dr Phil Baker said it was not unusual for foxes to steal from homes.

He said: "It is the time of year when young foxes start to get a bit more independent.

"This could be a young one just exploring the area and doing something a bit naughty.

"Strong-smelling leather objects like wallets and shoes are often taken and found in dens where cubs use them to play with."

---------------------------------------------------------

I can just see the fox taking the iPod to the infamous crack squirrel and asking how many rocks he can get for it. I can also visualise the fox sashaying down the street brandishing the LV handbag.

Delinquent creatures, the lot of them.

I saw that!
It's in my street too, this alleged thief.
There's a great pic of a fox with a burglar's mask on

And it rises again...

The London Collection

By Rob Hinchcliffe, Mike Atherton, Matt Plaskitt, William Wiles and Kenneth Yau.

(Think Books, £9.99)

Taking a sideways (and often fictional) glance at London, we find what Plato had to say about the Circle Line, how people on Oxford Street were once drowned by a river of beer, who the least impressive people to have turned on the Christmas lights were, the ten things they wish were true about Camden (but aren’t), why Islington has the only public house on a Monopoly board, and the oh-so-essential advice on how to pass through ten Tube stations that start with the letter H. Oh, and the drug-crazed crack squirrels of Brixton.

Reviewed in Murdoch's cheapest organ

i've got the south london press front page on my kitchen wall!
didn't realise the story originates here...!
class...

Back
Top Bottom