Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can squirrels get addicted to crack?

Meth gators!

If you flush drugs down the toilet, you could be creating 'meth gators,' cops say - CNN

A Tennessee police department is warning residents to stop flushing drugs down their toilet and sinks out of fear they could create "meth gators."

"Now our sewer guys take great pride in releasing water that is cleaner than what is in the creek, but they are not really prepared for meth," according to a Loretto Police Department social media post. "Ducks, Geese, and other fowl frequent our treatment ponds and we shudder to think what one all hyped up on meth would do."

It was fifteen years ago! I didn't realise quite how much press the story had garnered:

The story went viral after being covered by multiple outlets in the national press including the Daily Mirror, The Guardian, Fox News, The Independent, Radio 4, The Sun, The Register, the Jonathon Ross TV show – and the front page of the South London Press

Well done Bob!

I seem to remember that a drug dealer died around the same time after swallowing a couple of rocks. How the press ever believed that squirrels could eat rocks that would kill a human is beyond me. Still it put U75 in the mainstream after @brianthecommander.

It was fifteen years ago! I didn't realise quite how much press the story had garnered:

Well done Bob!
I still have a hard copy of that SLP front cover in a folder somewhere that I never got around to having screen-printed as a T-shirt!

On the subject of bushy-tailed rodents and crime, it seems that the Calabrese ‘Ndrangheta are now recruiting dormice, possibly as sleeping partners

But I guess this was inevitable after Jimmy ‘the Weasel’ Fratianno ratted out La Cosa Nostra

Alarming sight on Twitter - red squirrels being coopted by mad English nativist accounts!

Will they be defeated by the "hybrid vigour" of our descendents of immigrants crack-squirrels?1709653619499.png
1709653381288.png

Back
Top Bottom