Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

C19 Practical Preppers say AYE!

A serious question I haven't seen answer to is when do we really know we will need to crack open the prepped stuff? I guess it will be self-explanatory when getting fresh/new stuff gets difficult? I presume it'll be less a matter of a period without any new food as such, more filling in gaps when stocks are short?

It sounds to me like we are a month or two off serious supply issues, so I'm not inclined to go crazy with the shopping right now. We have a reasonable base of stuff from a Costco run a few weeks back that's in the cellar (lucky to have that space, but had to buy some plastic crates to keep mice out of things!) and one kitchen cupboard. I want to get a few more flavoured paste type stuff like harissa - basically things that can make rice, pasta, chick peas and frozen veg more interesting, seems like a good idea to me. Any other similar substances people would recommend to add to cupbords?

Our garden needs a lot of work, I'm thinking of suggesting to gsv he can have the next few months to replant, maybe add some veg and maybe he'll want to get in garden stuff in the next few weeks!

I want to get the fucking thing and recover so I can be a superhero and make myself as useful as possible fetching stuff and visiting, and will also do what I can in meantime. Only person to really watch out for in family is step grandma, though sure her daughter and grandkids will work very hard at that, expect we will coordinate over whatsapp.

Back
Top Bottom